What Size head to buy?

WhiteXHysteria

This is kind of a dumb question, but my bass drum batter head is pretty old, and I am in need of a new one. I have never replaced the bass drum head so I am not 100% on the size I need to order.
I did take the time to measure the diameter of the front of the bass drum, and from one lug to the lug straight across from it is 23 inches away. Which, most bass drums seem to be 20, 22, or 24 inches. I am kind of stuck on which size to order. I am leaning towards 22, but am not sure.

My drum set is a Pearl Export series kit. If that helps any. The toms are 12, 13, and 16 I believe.

I figure someone here can offer some insight as my teacher is on vacation.

Also, any suggestions on a good head to buy? I tend to play rock music. Somethings kind of like A Day to Remember maybe even up to Metallica, but almost always some sort of rock.

Always measure the drum from bearing edge to bearing edge.....NOT from lug to lug.

But from the measurements you've provided I'm guessing that you have a 22" drum. Check it first though, but my old Export was 22. 12. 13, 16 so it's a safe bet.

I agree, Aquarian superkick, BTW music123 sells them as a package , an SK1 with a ported regulator front head and a double kick patch for $62 and free shipping in the USA

Back