have a few questions about the DW 7710 Straight Cymbal Stands

zildjianwu 7a

I've recently have come across these stands, and i play just about everything, but im in a hard rock "hardcore" band so i hit pretty hard when i need to, but the face that these stands are single braced, would they be durable and not collapse on me?
i have a 9700 boom stand but i'm on a tight budget and want to get dw stands because they are pretty damn heavy n durable and they look nice too

so if anybody has one and plays rock music, how has this stand work for you?

I have a set of these stands and they are plenty sturdy. I have the straight and the boom versions.

I play in Rock and Hard Rock bands.

No problems at all. Very well built stands. I use mainly 20 and 21" crashes, sometimes a 22" crash.
I use a 24" ride on a 6000 flat base stand and it's just fine, with no real movement when being crashed. On a 7000 it wouldn't even visibly move.

If you put the ride on a boom, I'd place a leg under the boom arm (--I'd say to do that even if it was a double braced stand) to be safe.

Now, I use just straight stands, and I'm not flying a crash in over my kit. If you are using the stands straight, I'd say no problem for the 7710.

If you are booming your crashes in, and slamming them, I'd save up and get some db stands.

Thank you man,
yesb ecause i was wondering, i would use them as straight stands, but i already have the 97000 as a boom for my ride, and my crashes would be straight. a 16in and a 19in crash, i mean if you have 20in and up on those and barely any movement then, i believe i should be fine

Back