Roland TD-10 Expanded with Triggers

billondrums

I've been performing with a TD-10 kit for about 5 years now and I like the consistency of sound we get in any venue. We just eq the sound system to the venue and then the drums sound great out front. Still, the onstage monitor just isn't very satisfying and the playability of the pads just isn't close to acoustics. I miss the feel and dynamics of acoustics so I thought I'd go to triggers so we could still have consistency in our sound but the onstage sound would be more satisfying to me if not to the rest of the band.

I spoke to a touring sound tech on New Years eve during a break and he said his experience with the Ddrum triggers was very favorable. and if you set the sensitivity correctly that you did not have to dampen the drums. That sounded great to me so I went to the Ddrum site and found that there were 3 series of triggers, the DRT, acoustic pros, and redshots.

I have my doubts after reading some of the comments in the forum. Which triggers should I try? My main priority is durability.
Thanks,
Bill

Back