Drummerworld: meet SCOTT!

I love everything about this. Great composition, lyrics, arrangement, playing. It has everything going for it. Congratulations on a superb job. I wish you every success and good luck, although I doubt you'll need it. Best start up act post I've ever seen, ever. Just fantastic!

I love everything about this. Great composition, lyrics, arrangement, playing. It has everything going for it. Congratulations on a superb job. I wish you every success and good luck, although I doubt you'll need it. Best start up act post I've ever seen, ever. Just fantastic!

Wow! Really? Thanks man! Don't know what to say to that...

Pretty unique sound, I agree.

I definitely heard influences of ABBA and Elton in there as well.

Your singer has got a voice that would only work with that kind of music, really. Luckily anyway :p

Your drumming is what I'd call "safe". I think in some parts it could do with a little flare when there's not much else happening musically but that's just me.

Awesome song, though. I approve greatly.

I thought it sounded good. Obviously the three of you play for the song but I thought it missed just a litte something.

Good luck to you guys and hope you'll reach your goal.

Thanks for the compliments. To be compared to Abba and Elton (John?) is a great compliment indeed. I am very curious how things will develop..

Wow! I was expecting another lame attempt at band practice, but this is just awesome! Fantastic song, even better video!

Did you do this by yourselves? Professional help?

(and I really hear the ABBA in it)

Wow Frank! What a great band and great sound! Love the song, love your playing, love the sound of the piano in the band, love the video, AND...my son loves your guitar player's 'Steve Vai' custom Ibanez JEM.

Fantastic.. thats all I can say!

Very nice indeed. Well done.

I fail to understand someone commenting on the drumming as "safe". I mean why????

The drumtrack should be appropriate. It was. As such it sounded professional. Amateurs overplay.

Very nice chord changes. As I play guitar and keyboard also, I can really appreciate it and also understand why ABBA was mentioned. Very cool...

Fishnmusicn

My main critique for you would be your demeanor in the video. Your singer is all dramatic and you look bored to tears back there on the drums. You guys are trying to sell yourselves with the video, and you seem disinterested.

I fail to understand someone commenting on the drumming as "safe". I mean why????

The drumtrack should be appropriate. It was. As such it sounded professional. Amateurs overplay.

Agreed! You only need to consider my DW name to take a guess at my opinion on this.

Ok, you can always find ways to "spice up" a track but does it usually improve the end product? Not necessarily so. I think this track is all about the song. The lyrics are simple yet captivating. Any extra dynamics would detract from the overall feel of the song in my opinion. I'm a great fan of dynamic performance but applied when appropriate. Some of you guys need to view this performance from a non musicians perspective. When producing a product like this, that's what really matters. Judge this fine effort in context. It's the band's first track posting effort. They're a mainland Europen act catering (initially at least) to a mainland European market. Very different from the sometimes overt performance expectations of the US / UK market.

I stick by my original praise of this end result even though it's not my kind of material. For a first effort, I think it's simply stunning. They've really taken on board what goes into composing & performing a great song. Restraint is a rare quality in a start up band. If these guys have another 4 or 5 songs of this quality, they'll get signed tomorrow, and quite rightly too!

Aydee - I know you're playing Devil's Advocate, but Watts had a little bit of personality behind the drums. Ringo had a bunch of it - even when playing the simplest thing.

All I'm saying is that it seemed unnerving to me to see the singer pouring on like a lead in an opera - falling to his knees, chest hair flyin', singing to the wind - while the drummer looks like he'd rather be anywhere else... No mojo in that motion...I need some mojo. If even for the video, ham it up a bit and join the party.

Wow! I was expecting another lame attempt at band practice, but this is just awesome! Fantastic song, even better video!

Did you do this by yourselves? Professional help?

(and I really hear the ABBA in it)

Thanks man. We did this without the help of a recordcompany. Glad you like the video.

Wow Frank! What a great band and great sound! Love the song, love your playing, love the sound of the piano in the band, love the video, AND...my son loves your guitar player's 'Steve Vai' custom Ibanez JEM.

Fantastic.. thats all I can say!

Thank you very much :). The guitar fits the style of the video perfectly, so that was a happy coincidence.

Thank you Wy Yung. After reading so much of 'drumming for the song' here on drummerworld, it's what I want to do. I am the drummer, not 'the act', but the guy that lays the foundation and rhythm for the other musicians. I've tried to do that.

Very nice chord changes. As I play guitar and keyboard also, I can really appreciate it and also understand why ABBA was mentioned. Very cool...

Hey Fishnmusicn, what Abba song are you referring to? I love Abba, but I don't see how it's like our music?

Frank! That's awesome, man! Good music, nice drumming...and the video is impressive too!

Thanks man, I appreciate it :).

My main critique for you would be your demeanor in the video. Your singer is all dramatic and you look bored to tears back there on the drums. You guys are trying to sell yourselves with the video, and you seem disinterested.

You are so right. I am not bored to tears, but what you see is pure concentration and just my 'drum face'. The day after the shooting of the clip I kicked myself for not smiling and not being more 'dramatic' as the other guys, but it was already to late. On the other hand the song does not ask for a happy drummer I think, but if I knew then what I knew a day later I would've looked less bored. It's just that it's my first time, it was all new to me, I had to drum softer then normal to hear the music to play along to. All things that made me a little tense, and that's what you see.

I don't understand what you want to say at all, but thanks :).

lovely man,really,the video is great& your drumming is sweet!

Thanks! You're a great drummer by the way, just watched your video you posted!

Agreed! You only need to consider my DW name to take a guess at my opinion on this.

Ok, you can always find ways to "spice up" a track but does it usually improve the end product? Not necessarily so. I think this track is all about the song. The lyrics are simple yet captivating. Any extra dynamics would detract from the overall feel of the song in my opinion. I'm a great fan of dynamic performance but applied when appropriate. Some of you guys need to view this performance from a non musicians perspective. When producing a product like this, that's what really matters. Judge this fine effort in context. It's the band's first track posting effort. They're a mainland Europen act catering (initially at least) to a mainland European market. Very different from the sometimes overt performance expectations of the US / UK market.

I stick by my original praise of this end result even though it's not my kind of material. For a first effort, I think it's simply stunning. They've really taken on board what goes into composing & performing a great song. Restraint is a rare quality in a start up band. If these guys have another 4 or 5 songs of this quality, they'll get signed tomorrow, and quite rightly too!

You say it exactly as we think it is. We want to make great songs, not for musicians but for 'the people'. We do have more songs, you can download them for free on the website, so I hope your prophecy comes true and we'll get signed :p.

Aydee - I know you're playing Devil's Advocate, but Watts had a little bit of personality behind the drums. Ringo had a bunch of it - even when playing the simplest thing.

All I'm saying is that it seemed unnerving to me to see the singer pouring on like a lead in an opera - falling to his knees, chest hair flyin', singing to the wind - while the drummer looks like he'd rather be anywhere else... No mojo in that motion...I need some mojo. If even for the video, ham it up a bit and join the party.

If we get the opportunity to record another videoclip I'll give you mojo, promised :).

Back