Billy Ward here!

billy ward

DW Pro Drummer
Hey Bernhard - I've finally joined up! :D Nice joint you've got here!
Kind of makes my little forum feel so small... (but we like it that way)

Just wanted to say hello - I'll be checking in (probably pretty regularly) to see what's going on. Until next time...
Billy W

Billy Ward page on DrummerWorld

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I'm here! -

this billy ward?

billywardfrank.jpg

seriously? cool... another pro is amongst us. welcome then billy.

j

Last edited by a moderator:

Phenomenal!

Billy, I'm a huge fan of your approach. I'm currently trying to wrangle a copy of your DVD in exchange for services to a drum magazine here in New Zealand, so hopefully that will pan out and I'll get to have a better look what what you've done there other than the short clips here on Drummerworld.

Thanks heaps for all the excellent articles and performances you've dished out over the years, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next...

This is real cool :)

Hi billy, just wanted 2 say ur a genius..

Yes that's Billy! Thanks for joining - as promised.

Billy runs a great forum at his website billyward.com. There are great posts and sometimes deep discussions - and Billy is of course posting there regularly.

I met Billy in Frankfurt and we also discussed the way to make a good forum. He gave me good advise - for web and for drumming.

His DVD helped me a lot - to get rid of nervousity in studio-situations - more than all other DVD's!!!!

We will meet this autumn in Germany I suppose.

Billy is such a nice guy - no idea how he finds time for playing, giving lessons and also running a forum. They don't come nicer....

Bernhard

Billy glad to have you aboard!..I really like your playing very creative.

aw man that's so cool billy I'm a big fan maybe you can teach us some stuff and help us out with some stuff :)

Well, jeez, I'm just one out of our family of drummers. Thanks for such a great welcome!
Bernhard - I hope you know how much fun it was to meet you at Musikmesse- and inspiring as well (esp. to hear about your drum kit and it's date of manufacture). And yes - I think i will see you again next year - plus hopefully do some clinics in Europe!

I purposely spend time on the internet - not only with my site but visiting all the other drummer sites.

I remember going to Yugoslavia in '86 (when it WAS Yugoslavia) and playing at a music festival with saxaphonist Bill Evans SuperGroup. I moved to LA and Dennis replaced me... bummer :(
(he IS pretty good though, huh? :D)

Some of the drummers there had never even seen a picture of Buddy Rich - let alone heard many drummers in person! Yet they were asking me about Buddy and others...
I remember giving all my sticks and extras away to drummers who were playing taped together stickes that I would've thrown out ages ago. My point is - the internet has provided us all with information and the world is changing. Sometimes I am afraid of where we are going in our wacky world - but I KNOW I can always count on ourselves, (us drummers) to get along and grow together. I think it's up to us how we use the internet - but it is a potentially wonderful thing! Bernhard has given us the biggest and best and fastest conduit around! Thanks Mr. B!

So here we go!... Let's share more info. I am happy to give my 2 cents-answer to any question. Feel free to dish away. If I have strayed away - come over to my site and reel me in! You know, answering questions (or teaching) only firms up one's self-beliefs! So I gain from this as well. And with that - I'll say - THANKS!

hey billy its great to have you on the forum! There's lots of great discussions going on in technique and gear and all the forums here really ... There's probably even one about you to check out! :D hehe.

I'm a dw drummer like yourself, and there's some pics of my kit under the YOUR PLACE section, i think you'd find the configuration really interesting. You can check out a lot of people's kits there its lots of fun. You could post pics of your own kit there, everyone would go crazy! I would love it!

great to see you on the site!

Welcome, welcome. Great to see ya, should be fun having another pro around here (we have others on here right?).

This is a little funny though. I was just about to ask a gear question on here about your kit. I see your double bass pedal is on the outside of the hat, do you use a 2 legged stand, or what 3 legged stand? I cannot seem to get mine set up that way without putting both the pedal and stand into odd places.

billy ward said:
Well, jeez, I'm just one out of our family of drummers. Thanks for such a great welcome!
Bernhard - I hope you know how much fun it was to meet you at Musikmesse- and inspiring as well (esp. to hear about your drum kit and it's date of manufacture). And yes - I think i will see you again next year - plus hopefully do some clinics in Europe!

I purposely spend time on the internet - not only with my site but visiting all the other drummer sites.

I remember going to Yugoslavia in '86 (when it WAS Yugoslavia) and playing at a music festival with saxaphonist Bill Evans SuperGroup. I moved to LA and Dennis replaced me... bummer :(
(he IS pretty good though, huh? :D)

Some of the drummers there had never even seen a picture of Buddy Rich - let alone heard many drummers in person! Yet they were asking me about Buddy and others...
I remember giving all my sticks and extras away to drummers who were playing taped together stickes that I would've thrown out ages ago. My point is - the internet has provided us all with information and the world is changing. Sometimes I am afraid of where we are going in our wacky world - but I KNOW I can always count on ourselves, (us drummers) to get along and grow together. I think it's up to us how we use the internet - but it is a potentially wonderful thing! Bernhard has given us the biggest and best and fastest conduit around! Thanks Mr. B!

So here we go!... Let's share more info. I am happy to give my 2 cents-answer to any question. Feel free to dish away. If I have strayed away - come over to my site and reel me in! You know, answering questions (or teaching) only firms up one's self-beliefs! So I gain from this as well. And with that - I'll say - THANKS!

Billy would you mind looking at my webiste while your looking at drumming sites?....It's www.tylerhough.com ..... this is so cool to be able to chat with you...thanks to Bernard and his awesome forum!....Thanks Bernard!

Wow, Billy Ward himself on drummerworld. I like it!

I've always been a fan of your playing and approach, and I love your work with Joan Osbourne. Really solid playing!

I've been thinking of buying your Big Time DVD, and I think this is a sign that I should! Keep up all the fantastic drumming man, cause we're watching! ;)

Edit: the clips on DW of you are pretty good, though you've probably already checked them out!

Last edited:

Welcome Billy Ward,

You have inspired many drummers on this forum. I am sure so much knowledge will be passed from you to us and from us to you as well..

I would like to give a round of applause to all the drummers on this site for not only welcoming newcomers but also because many of you referred to this is OUR site. It is true that all the people make up the site and lets not forget that as we post and reply to this forum keeping it the best on the market and to make Bernard proud. As he is the forerunner of the forum.

Thank you Bernard and I hope you are richly blessed by your hard work.

Last edited:

wow. welcome mr. billy ward!

yeah - Bernhard is the MAN. Insane - I prefer three legged stands because with wacky platforms a two legged stand is still wobbly sometimes. With DW - you can twist them so it works with the second pedal.
later cats -
thanks!

billy ward said:
My point is - the internet has provided us all with information and the world is changing. ... I KNOW I can always count on ourselves, (us drummers) to get along and grow together. I think it's up to us how we use the internet - but it is a potentially wonderful thing!

Yeah, 15 years ago pretty much all we had was books and maybe a few drummer friends and acquaintances. Now, with so many talented people on the 'net, I'm floored by how much we can learn off each other so easily (duh, stating the obvious).

One of the highlights of the web experience, for me anyway, is places like this (big thumbs up to Bernhard). Where else could focused interest groups like us drummers get together so easily and so often? Hanging with like-minded peeps just makes drumming even better. I learn stuff on here by osmosis without even trying!

Hey Billy! Nice of you to stop in! it's not often a seasoned pro will stop by unexpectedley! You're a fantastic drummer— cheers!

Back