Piano trio recordings...some photos...

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hello!!

Here I`ve got some photos of last weekend`s piano trio recording session. We recorded for a CD, 7 songs in sum. And of course I took my Samsung with me to take photos and videos!

My gear:

Cube Personal Drums 4-piece beech set in "bop sizes"
14" Agop Turk hats
21" Agop Mel Lewis Ride
22" Agop Signature Ride
22" Zildjian K Custom Dry Light Ride

Microphones: My new Rode NT2000 large diaphragm condensers, SM57 snare top, MD441 for snare bottom and a Beta52 for the bass drum...

Enjoy!

SDC12786.jpg

SDC12783.jpg

SDC12767.jpg

SDC12757.jpg

SDC12766.jpg

SDC12779.jpg

SDC12778.jpg

SDC12780.jpg

SDC12741.jpg

Karl

Love those cymbals, Karl!
How are you liking your custom kit, now that it's broken in?

looks killer. i don't normally like black hardware but it looks sex with that finish.
that is a crazy left ride setup. I dunno how you don't smack your hand or stick on that thing while doing fills, but I dig it.

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate your nice replies... :)

Nice pics Karl, have you got the recordings?

Well, I`ve got some of the unmixed versions. Next week our sound engineer should have all the songs mixed. Though maybe I`ll just upload one of the songs...maybe Speak No Evil? =)
We`re gonna make a CD, for this reason I think I can`t upload all the songs. Though I`ll try to sign up at CDBaby, so it`ll probably be available there.

Love those cymbals, Karl!
How are you liking your custom kit, now that it's broken in?

Thanks! I love the kit, I really really love it. I already experienced awesome emotional moments with it, it`s so great to play this set of drums! Moreover, I`m happy to be part of the Cube Drums family. Lars and Dirk do a great job!

that is a crazy left ride setup. I dunno how you don't smack your hand or stick on that thing while doing fills, but I dig it.

Hehe yes, that`s what I always have in my mind when I look at those photos of my kit! In the end this left side ride set-up is perfect for my needs. The Mel is close to me and since I`m mainly playing matched grip again I don`t accidentally hit the cymbal when playing the 12" tom. Just when playing with traditional it becomes kind of hard not to hit the cymbals as well. :-D

Nice photos Karl :}

Looks like a fun session.....

Oh yes, it really was a fun session! Two days of playing and recording. At the same time this is practicing...saturday: seven hours of recording/rehearsing, sunday: seven hours of recording. Well, I`d like to do this every day... :)

Thanks again!

Karl

Back