Summer NAMM

Fusssion

Hi all, ...
been a long, long time .....

If I'm missing something, please delete (mods) however... how come no info on Summer NAMM stuff??

Jeff

Hi all, ...
been a long, long time .....

If I'm missing something, please delete (mods) however... how come no info on Summer NAMM stuff??

Jeff

I guess this is because the Summer NAMM is often quite dull (companies tend to avoid releasing news in the middle of the summer). Never been to Nashville NAMM though, so this is just what I have heard.

Summer NAMM is a lot more guitar stuff.

But ya - the Yamaha Tour Custom series was the major drum related news I heard of.
They look like great drums, and I like the finishes on them too.

Fender came out with a signature Mustang bass that looks good to me also.

Looks like Yamaha is trying to enter the sub $1500 4pc shell pack market and take on the Gretsch Renown RN2. Would it kill them to have a couple sparkle or lacquer finishes? Jeesh, talk about squaresville. LOL

There wasn't a lot of drum stuff there. Really just Oriollo, Yamaha, Sleishman, Canopus, a little sonor and Gretsch, and a few other random kits. Really the Oriollo phantom kits and the tour custom were the only newer type kits featured.

Definitely the highlight of the show this year.

I didn't actually hear about it until after the show on a forum...but we were pretty far from the Yamaha booth. I did take a walk that way one morning and tapped on some of the metal snares. Seems like a lot of Yamaha guys are pretty excited about them releasing this kit.

Back