Iron Cobra issue

MisterZero

Hey guys. I played on my acoustic kit last night and I couldn't get my Iron Cobra double pedal to hit the bass drum head equi-distant from the center. The left beater, I play right handed, connected to the slave is way too left. It strikes the bass drum left way off center. If I move the whole pedal over, it rests on an angle due to the drum being round. How can I fix this? anyone else have a similar problem?

I am new to the double bass on the acoustic drums, I have been using a double pedal on my V-drums for years, but the bass clamp area is flat.

help, please.

I have the exact same issue with my IC Power Glide double pedal. The right beater is just about center on the batter head, where the left beater is off center to the left. I couldn't find a way to equally center both beaters to the head without moving the main pedal farther to the right, the only problem there is, the main pedal is no longer sitting perfectly flat on the floor because the hoop clamp now mounts higher on the right side of the hoop.

I don't hear much of a difference between the beaters, so I just mount the main pedal where it's supposed to be and let the left beater hit off to the left a bit.

Dennis

thanks, guys. Yeah, I wasn't sure if that is how it is supposed to be or not. In the past I have had 2 bass drums. Then, my first introduction with a double pedal was when I switched to V-drums. And the pedal beaters hit the center equidistant off center.

Oh well, maybe thats the way it's supposed to be( ?).

thanks again.

Back