Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin

this from wiki.

Page was born to parents James and Patricia Page in the West London suburb of Heston, which today forms part of the London Borough of Hounslow. His father was an industrial personnel manager and his mother was a doctor's secretary. In 1952 they moved to Feltham, and later again to Miles Road, Epsom which is where Page came across his first guitar. "I don't know whether [the guitar] was left behind by the people [in the house] before [us], or whether it was a friend of the family's - nobody seemed to know why it was there."[5] First playing the instrument at the age of thirteen years,[1] he took a few lessons in nearby Kingston, but he was largely self-taught. Among his early influences were rockabilly guitarists Scotty Moore and James Burton, who both played on recordings made by Elvis Presley. Hearing the Elvis Presley song "Baby Let's Play House" is cited by Page as being his inspiration to take up playing the guitar.[6] His first guitar was a second hand 1959 Futurama Grazioso, which was later replaced by a Telecaster.[6][7]

I saw a special on that documentary wherein the producer said he was looking for three guitar playing song writers from different generations. "It Might Get Loud," the documentary, should be pretty good.

Last edited:
I watched the trailer on that website, and it looks interesting, just like Gruntersdad describes below. I seriously doubt any non-musicians will be interested in it, though. This explains the limited showings.

My understanding is that Jimmy Page is one-quarter Chinese. I got that from a book.

This is something I have wondered about for a while. The other one is John Lennon and when you look at Julian you an realy see the Asian characteristic.

I never thought about Lennon, but have often wondred if George Harrison wasn't part Asian in some way, as England did have many colonies over that way.

Apparently in Jimmy's case, England's 19th century involvement in China was a two way street.

Back