How to play an ipod through a TASCAM US1800 Audio interface?

tysonreesmusic

Hello fellow drummers,

When I rock out at home, I listen to my kit through my tascam us1800 interface, mainly to hear the mix, and protect my ears. Now i want to jam along to tracks and was wondering if there's a way to play my ipod through the tascam? It has a few inputs but no obvious USB or AUX ports. It has a digital in/out that may work with the right cord, or maybe somehow through a guitar line?

Any ideas are very appreciated.

Yes. I believe the iPod becomes another input to plug into the Tascam, just like a mic. If you want to keep it in stereo, then the iPod would take up two channels on your interface.

Yes. I believe the iPod becomes another input to plug into the Tascam, just like a mic. If you want to keep it in stereo, then the iPod would take up two channels on your interface.

Ahk awesome! Any idea what kind of cord I'd need? I've never seen one that goes into a mic input :/

Ahk awesome! Any idea what kind of cord I'd need? I've never seen one that goes into a mic input :/

Go to Radio Shack and get that 1/8" stereo plug to split L and R RCA plugs, then get an adapter that will take those two RCA plugs and sum them into one 1/4" mono instrument plug. Then plug that into the 1/4" input on your interface. OR, you could get an adapter that sums the two RCA plugs into a single male XLR plug - I just don't think they'd have that adapter at Radio Shack. So go with the 1/4" mono plug instead.

Whoops - not sure if they have Radio Shack in your neck of the woods. Find some kind of place that sells audio cabling and adapters, they should be able to help you out.

Back