Tascam US-1800: drum recording help?

Needer of Help

My band recently purchased the Tascam US-1800 and it came with Cubase LE5. Now, we have never done any recording other than vocals and guitar. But we're trying to get the most professional sound out of it all. I know a little about gating and compressing and EQing. We recorded an entire song and saved all the presets and tracks and everything and upon trying to listen to it, it sounded like sounded like the frequency of everything went up by 2 kHz. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening or does anyone know of a way to fix this problem?

My band recently purchased the Tascam US-1800 and it came with Cubase LE5. Now, we have never done any recording other than vocals and guitar. But we're trying to get the most professional sound out of it all. I know a little about gating and compressing and EQing. We recorded an entire song and saved all the presets and tracks and everything and upon trying to listen to it, it sounded like sounded like the frequency of everything went up by 2 kHz. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening or does anyone know of a way to fix this problem?

Hmm ... strange. To be clear, you're saying that for example an A4 note sounds like a D7 note after being recorded? That's not something the interface would do so must be something in the software. Possibly try with a brand new project and see what happens.

Back