bass drum practice pads

gjg1986

I'm interested in getting a bass drum practice pad so that I can work on this area of my game at home.
Does anyone have any useful feedback on any bass drum pads out there at the moment? The remo Thomas Lang kit is way out of my price range but I'm looking at the Pearl one (even though thats not what I consider cheap either).
Are these pads a good way of developing bass drum technique? do they last a long time?

Also, how do the Hansenfutz pedals compare to practice bass drum pads? I can't imagine they'd be half as effective for developing technique, probably ok for strength and stamina.

Any feedback or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have one of those $50 Gibraltar guys and it works great for me.

Are these pads a good way of developing bass drum technique? do they last a long time?

Yes and yes.

I have a model from a local drum store, but it's just the Gibraltar style pad re-branded. Does the job for me. Not exactly the same as a bass drum, but then again no pad is. A damn sight better than no practice at all though.

Get a mesh head for your acoustic bass drum, or get a trashy/cheap bass drum and put a mesh head on it.

Back