end of the world tonight at 6pm

Which time zone!?!?!

Will the rapture be making its way around the globe 1 time zone at a time taking exactly an hour, then moving on to the next one? Or is it set to an American timezone? If its set to an american time zone, does that mean that the rapture actually will take place on the 22nd for our Australian friends?

Or has it already began down there?

This entire thing is just plain ole stupid to me. Bah.

-Jonathan

Which time zone!?!?!

Will the rapture be making its way around the globe 1 time zone at a time taking exactly an hour, then moving on to the next one? Or is it set to an American timezone? If its set to an american time zone, does that mean that the rapture actually will take place on the 22nd for our Australian friends?

Or has it already began down there?

This entire thing is just plain ole stupid to me. Bah.

-Jonathan

you've beat me to it. It's nearly 17:00 here in the UK, it's well into sunday in places like the far east. This is where the bible is starting to show it's age in my opinion; i doubt they had very much knowlege of things like time zones, after all very few people travelled around very far and if they did then it would take them such a long time that they probably wouldn't notice any difference in time, and of course portable clockwork timepieces didn't exist back then so it's not as if you would have noticed a difference in local time. What exact time zone is "god" supposed to have selected for this so-called end of the world? My guess is that it's going to be eastern seaboard time, since that just so happens to be where this "theory" started...

This morning when I work up at 6:30am after 4 hours sleep I wanted the end to come sooner then I could damn well sleep! haha

At 6pm I'm going to a damn barbicue so it better not end....I'm STARVING!

As we're not supposed to discuss religion on this board,

I'll just say I have a ticket to see Rush in June. I'll worship Neil, Geddy and Alex.

Maybe they'll play Xanadu and Freewill.

I might as well bag that gig I had tonight in light of the upcoming festivities.

Well like most cool and exciting things that happen on Friday nights, I was too tired and too poor to take part. Damn I hate missing the good stuff.

OK. Help me out a bit. Who said the world is supposed to end tonight?

Well he is not reading any Bible I have read. It says no man will no the time or day. Not even this dude.

The world was supposed to end at year 2000!...and now we are at 2011...nevermind!

...I light a candle to the God of Drums!

Well, that's it, it's past 6:00 in Drummerworld time zone, & my world just ended. The dog ate my last sausage, dammit! It was the best one too, pork & apple with a sprinkling of white pepper. I'm off to mess with my new rack that now doesn't exist.

Oooo, come to think of it, nor do guitarists & lead singers, whoohooo!

I'm having a rapture party tonight at 5:30. At 6:00, we will be drinking Kool-Aid and eating (guests' choice of) angel food cake or devil's food cake. After that, we get our drank on...

Obviously, everyone with half a brain knows that this isn't going to happen, but it makes a good excuse to throw a theme party!

Welcome to Rapture! Now where are my plasmids?

(Anybody that gets this joke will be in receipt of ten 'nerd' points).

I get it mediocrefunkybeat !! You're referring to the the video game Rapture. Yea, ten nerd points for me, wait a minute it that a good thing or a bad thing?

I get it mediocrefunkybeat !! You're referring to the the video game Rapture. Yea, ten nerd points for me, wait a minute it that a good thing or a bad thing?

Not quite. Not quite. No 'nerd points' for you, yet!

Hmm.., I went on a pre-doomsday yard sale run, locally, and some foul sold me a kick pedal for 3 bucks! The rest of the set had already departed -safely I hope!

(Will be perfect for that future tambourine or what-have-you extra foot pedal, the thing can be fitted as reverse, apparently... even more fun!)

Back