Superphonic Help

LedFoot65

Head Questions with no end...
Hey guy's just got a new 6&1/2 by 14in chrome over brass superphonic. What REMO heads would you use? I don't want to use the Ludwig heads.

I would (and do) use coated Emps over snare Ambs.

I use the same combo on 2 COA supra's and a BB....have done for years. Coated Ambs work really well too. I just prefer the slightly more focused sound of an Emperor.

i dont own one, but my friend does, and he varies between coated emps, ambs and occasionally pins

and Pocket, is that a real quote in your signature?

and Pocket, is that a real quote in your signature?

lol....nah.

I just seriously get worried every time I see a thread (and there's so many) where an OP is more or less asking "What pedals are best to make my feet play at 300bpm?" or "I want to play 16th singles at 300bpm, what are the best sticks to use?"....as if the equipment will magically do the job for you and you therefore don't need to practice.

Unfortunately, they are more often found on threads by guys who play metal........so I just came up with that question as a piss take. One of the guys saw it and suggested I use it as a sig. :)

thats probably one of th ebest things i've seen in a while,
i think the metal keys do best in that sitation

Try a coated vintage emperor and a ambassador snare side. I purchased one from GC for my old Supraphonic LM402 a while back and it was great.

I'd suggest at least trying the Ludwig snare side head before immediately replacing it. Ludwig snares sound really good with the stock snare side head.

For a brass drum I'd suggest a CS Reverse Dot batter, or a coated Emperor or Ambassador. Ludwig Supra's sound best to my ears with simple heads, but I like the extra control dotted or two-ply heads provide toward taming the ring of a brass snare.

Back