Heads for Roland RMP 5 and Hart Accupad BDS Kick pad

Hi! Has anyone here used a Roland RMP 5 Rhythm Coach?
I was planning on going for one myself, but can't seem to find replacement heads for it anywhere online. It doesn't make sense for me to purchase it when i'll have to throw it away when the head finally tears apart.

if anyone knows about where to find replacement heads online, please let me know.

as for the Hart BDS( 8 inch), i've heard that Hart Magnum mesh heads are noisier than Roland mesh heads... can anyone confirm this or is it some brand-loyalist spread rumor?

anyway...will a Roland mesh head fit on a Hart BDS kick pad?

(i hope i posted this in the right section)

still waiting for a response... any help at all, anyone?
also, if there's a reason why you would not recommend the RMP 5, please do comment.

Hi. I have an RMP5 and it's a great tool. I'm not sure about replacement heads, but I can't imagine what it would take to wear one out? The only criticism I have is its ability to play more than one sound at once if external pads are connected. I use mine in conjunction with a Yamaha DT Xpress IV Special electronic kit for practice purposes. The Yamaha does the conventional drum sounds and the RMP5 sits to my left as a timbale. There is a Roland PD8 pad mounted where a bass drum cowbell would go and a Roland KD7(?) kick pad as a left foot clave mimic. This allows all the possibilities of an acoustic kit for the purposes of rehearsal. Occasionally when two notes line up via the Roland it has trouble and omits one. This will also happen with the pad used by itself when playing shuffle patterns and both hands land at the same time (as in the snare drum groove for Golden Earings' Radar Love). Apart from this I recommend it as a great practice tool. Cheers!

Hey, thanks a ton for your input!
you mentioned that it would take a lot of effort to wear a mesh head out ...how long have you had it ?
is there any special kind of sticks that will prolong the life of a mesh head? do nylon tips cause more damage than wood tips... or the other way around?

G'day again. I've had the Roland for about two years and there is no sign of head wear yet. I wouldn't imagine the stick tip material would make a difference. I have noticed that sticks with small beaded tips mark drum heads more than the teardrop shaped ones and so I guess they would contribute to head wear on the Roland too. Cheers

Thanks again! I need this kinda feedback from people who've used it.
i'm actually from India and am here for a couple of months.
Back in my country we don't get most these things at the music stores, they just stock some entry-level stuff.
The RMP 5 is something most music shop salesmen haven't even heard about.
Needless to say, when i need a replacement head(i eventually will), it won't be available back there. That's why i want to take a couple of replacements back with me.

anyone else with any comments?

Back