DC (Dennis Chambers): new Videos

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
dennischamberssolovideo.jpg

Check out the new Videos with DC from the Masterdrummer DVD

Fat Back Groove - Soloing - and a nice Crossticking (transcribed by Terry Branam - of course - thanks a lot!!!)

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dennischambersmaster.html

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dennischambersfatback.html

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dennischamberscrossstickingslow.html

Bernhard

Nice one!!!

thanks Bernhard, these are great!
:)

Great videos. The transcription is awesome, im definitley going to get to work on that.

Thanks for the upload Bernhard!! Great stuff. Dennis is just something else. Great transcription, too-- even though Dennis couldn't read it. lol. That fatback groove just oozes funk!!

Wow, thanks! Gotta love DC man.

wow...what an amazing drummer. I love his playing! thanks a lot for the videos bernhard!!

I saw this cat with Santana - wow, what a SHOW. Awesome drummer. Just a MONSTER.

As I type I'm writing out the fatback groove part. I kinda wish Terry had transcribed this one too, lol. It's good practice for me, I guess. After all, the hardest part is not reading the notes but getting the feel just right.

As I type I'm writing out the fatback groove part. I kinda wish Terry had transcribed this one too, lol. It's good practice for me, I guess. After all, the hardest part is not reading the notes but getting the feel just right.

Terry Branam will write down the Fatback - it's in the works. Thanks so much...

Bernhard

Hey everybody,

First of all thanks to Bernhard for posting my work on the GREATEST website in the drumming community.

Also thanks to everyone for the nice responses,

I just got back from a long string of out of town gigs and I am indeed working on the fatback groove. (what a nice pocket!)

Stay tuned and have fun!!

Terry

Wow, thanks terry!! That's awesome of you to transcribe it. This way I can compare mine to yours and see just how good I am at transcribing... : )

Ha, finally I was able to watch these videos! I`m with a weaker PC at the moment so watching Quicktime internet videos is kind of a challenge.

Thanks for em Bernhard! Dennis sounds so stunning, his sense of groove and his coordination is just incredible. And of course not least because of the sound of his kit. This surely sounds outstanding as well.

Great stuff!

Karl

Nice.
Good drummers make it look so easy.

I'm gonna make time to try to work that Fatback Groove......he plays it superbly.
Very inspirational.

Thanks for posting that.

Dennis Chambers is sickening how easy he makes it look. I've caught him in clinic and with Niacin. He looks like it's all just a walk in the park.

He was playing snare rolls and getting all sorts of different tones out of the thing. I thought for sure he was manipulating the levers on the signature snare, but he said it was all just how he was changing his strokes. And it inspired me to work on that stuff myself.

Although, I must say crossovers are one of those things that seems super-hard at first. But I bought "Cross-Sticking Studies" from Modern Drummer books and start off really slowly. I found myself doing very cool things very quickly. They're a blast!

I just wish Dennis and Niacin would go back out there soon! That was a killer show.

Yeah man! That video is something bananas dude! The feel that he has on that fat back groove is just crazy. I'm definitely going to be studing up on that feel man.

He is coming here to New Hampshire in a few weeks to do a clinic. Just got my tickets and am looking forward to it.

Back