Can the TD-9 K2 be upgraded with a VH-11?

Kappow

Hey there! I just ordered a TD-9 K2 kit with the idea that I will be able upgrade the CY-5 hi-hat with a VH-11 hi-hat, but I haven't been able to find any conclusive statements on the net that this is actually possible. Is there anyone who can tell me that this is or isn't possible!?

Thanks a lot!
-Kappow

Yes you can upgrade to the VH-11 hihat, although I think your module may not have some of the functionality that the higher end roland modules have, namely the ability to change tone based on how hard you close hihats...(i.e., how hard you press on hihat foot pedal)

Yes you can upgrade to the VH-11 hihat, although I think your module may not have some of the functionality that the higher end roland modules have, namely the ability to change tone based on how hard you close hihats...(i.e., how hard you press on hihat foot pedal)

Correct.

Op if you go to rolands website and look at the specs for the vh-11 it tells you what it's compatible with. Also, lots of info on the vdrums Forums about this.

It will do open/close on as low as a td4, so I've heard.
AFAIK only the vh-12 has the range of pressure feature that you mention...and only on the td12 and 20 modules. I've heard the Vh12 will do open close on the 9 and 4 though, but I dont know from experience. Take your 9 module to a guitar center and find out. Every GC I've been to has a td20 out for playing.

Last edited:
Back