Danmar Power Disk Kick pads...

Crazy+Hands

I've got a love/hate relationship with these things...Does anyone else use them? They sound great and increase volume trememdously, especially beneficial for metal drummers, but they dont stick to the head worth a $hit. I end up duck taping them most of the time which chokes the tone of the kicks, and when you try to stick them on initially it always seems like airpockets get caught right around the perimeter of the disk...I think there needs to be a better product on the market/an updated version, anyone else agree?

I've got a love/hate relationship with these things...Does anyone else use them? They sound great and increase volume trememdously, especially beneficial for metal drummers, but they dont stick to the head worth a $hit. I end up duck taping them most of the time which chokes the tone of the kicks, and when you try to stick them on initially it always seems like airpockets get caught right around the perimeter of the disk...I think there needs to be a better product on the market/an updated version, anyone else agree?

Yeah. I tried them years ago. I see they haven't changed. You could do what Jason Bittner does. Peel the disc off of the pad then use moleskin to attach it to the head. I never tried it but when I did try them, I had the same problem you are having.

Back