Tama Speed Cobra missing rubber piece.

Sgt-lil_jack904

Hey guys, I have a tama speed cobra and I have just got it back out the box after playing a gig. I have seem to have lost one of the rubber pads that sit around the tendon rods..

Do I need to buy a new one? What do they even do as I can't find anything about them online?

Thanks
p-16068-tama-cnr900-double-pedal-connecting-rod-assembly.aspx

Oh yeah, the rubber things that fit onto the bolts connecting the drive shaft. Those things are such a pain in the ass to keep from losing. I'm not sure what they're even for.

Oh yeah, the rubber things that fit onto the bolts connecting the drive shaft. Those things are such a pain in the ass to keep from losing. I'm not sure what they're even for.

Haha welcome to my world man! I have no idea what they even do? My quess was that if the bolts come out then they catch it?
Am I wasting my time and money in buying a new one?

They are there so when you losen up the screws and disconnect the dust from both pedals , the screws do not losen up all the way and get lost during transport/vibration. They add some resistance so they don't losen up all the way.

They are there so when you losen up the screws and disconnect the dust from both pedals , the screws do not losen up all the way and get lost during transport/vibration. They add some resistance so they don't losen up all the way.

Thanks man :) they did the opposite job, I lost the rubber not the screws :p
Do I need to get some more?

Back