bought used dw 5000 hihat it's wonky

panop

So I just received this hihat stand that I bought off ebay. Does not go up and down smoothly at all. It's as the the bottom rod is bent. It presses against the outer wall of tubing quite hard. Any way to remedy this. I tried to grease at the bottom base wear rod comes out. No luck.

DW has schematics on their website. On their home page, select the "Info" tab, then select "Schematics" from the drop-down box. Any DW dealer can order the parts you need to repair the stand.

Thanks guys. I'm just going to send it back. Not worth the trouble. I just wanted a lightweight stand. I ended buying a 740 series Yamaha for 75.00. Works like a charm.

Thanks guys. I'm just going to send it back. Not worth the trouble. I just wanted a lightweight stand. I ended buying a 740 series Yamaha for 75.00. Works like a charm.

Lesson learned.

DW 5000HH is not lightweight, it heavy and stiff feeling. It will hurt you if it gets the chance.

Definitely sounds like a dud. Glad you were able to send it back. Ebay's freaking creepy sometimes. Can't contact nobody, nohow.

Back