alright...same this vs. that question..

bgdrum

Sorry, but I gotta do it.
I want to get a new bass drum batter. Right now I got a coated PS3 and it's ok. But I want to get a clear head. I've got an Aquarian ported reso and now I'm looking at either a Aquarian Super Kick 2 or a EMAD 2. Never played either one. From what I've read, people complain that the emad 2's muffler falls off over time. But I've also heard that they sound really punchy and awesome :) I'm kinda leaning towards the SKII. I'm mostly a rock drummer. Any thoughts guys? thanks.

SK 1 or SK 2.. SK 1 is single ply and a bit louder/open than the SK 2 . Both are great heads and I have been using both for years. I use the SK 2 on my 26x18. I prefer the SK 1 on my 22x18.

I forgot to mention that I have a 22" kick. The SK II is 2 ply yes? Hows the durability on the SK 1?

First thing you'll notice when going from one to two ply is the big drop in volume. I put a powersonic on my kick and now I can barely hear the damn thing over the band. Going to switch back to the clear PS3 that it came with because it sounds massive and didn't need to be mic'd. I put on a double falam patch so I doubt I'll have any trouble with it breaking either.

Haven't tried the Aquarian kick heads but would probably go with the SK1

First thing you'll notice when going from one to two ply is the big drop in volume. I put a powersonic on my kick and now I can barely hear the damn thing over the band. Going to switch back to the clear PS3 that it came with because it sounds massive and didn't need to be mic'd. I put on a double falam patch so I doubt I'll have any trouble with it breaking either.

Haven't tried the Aquarian kick heads but would probably go with the SK1

The durability of the SK 1 is outstanding. Going from a 1ply to a 2 ply head doesn't always mean a big drop in volume. You were using a Power Stroke and you went to Powersonic. Big difference there. The Powersonic is a 2 ply head but also has foam rubber around it. Comparing that the Power Stroke is apples and oranges. I can understand what you mean though. It's a junk head. That's why they don't sell very well.

Back