EQ'ing and voluming amps for band practice?

Tylerdrums109

Voluming isnt a word but whatever. So basically my bands practice are sounding pretty good right now. This is a band in which I play my main instrument which is guitar. All the instruments can be heard pretty clearly and none of the amps overpower or drown out the drums, but I still think practice overall can sound better. The room is pretty spacious though it is a basement. I was just wondering if you guys have any tips on how to EQ the guitar/bass amps to clear and clean everything up. Especially in EQ'ing the guitar amps to compliment each other while letting the bass still cut. Right now my amp is set to a moderate level of distortion and gain with the bass at about 4 to let the bass guitar fill the bottom end. I have my mids up there at 7 to let myself cut through the band without overpowering the band, however i set up the other guitar the same way and I think it could all be better however I am relatively new to the understanding of instrument frequencies and how they should coincide in a band/recording setting. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you my friends!

It depends on where you place everything for me. I like to have all the amps point
towards me for the most part; placing the other members equally between the drums
and the amps. Then the next rehearsal or two before a show: we will set up as
on stage, to then set up the monitor levels if need be.

As far as eq settings on the guitars. From what I have been told; it sounds like
your on the right track. Maybe try to blend the mid-lows and mid-highs differently
between the two amps. This may be a different technique depending on how many
band eq's you have.

Back