RED COOPER Hammered Snare 14*5.5 Killer snare !

daniboun

Hi amigos,

I was looking for a Red copper snare and found a "no name" Taiwanese model which sounds very well ! I think that Taiwan is making awesome snare and as you know Gretsch Brass, Dixon steel, WM Aluminium, PDP, or many manufacturers are making their shell in Taiwan.

I found a Red copper model equiped with Evans G1/Hazy 300 + Puresound wire for only 200$.
The finish is good, quality is great too. The shell has snare bed that is a good point as well. This snare really impressed my ears : versatile with a very warm and cut sound. Really like the acoustic grain of the Red copper shell.
The snare is a bit too heavy : 5.2 KG (11.4 lbs)

DEMO :

https://soundcloud.com/justdani/red-cooper-hammered

- 1.2mm Red copper Shell (Hammered)
- Die cast hoops
- Puresound Custom Pro wire
- Evans heads
- Low mass lugs
- Gibraltar SCSTO Strainer

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor thread, I feel bad for new gear threads that Don't get any love. You should have lied and told them it was a limited edition Ludwig and they'd have been all over this thread.

The obligatory Red Menace bevy of questions: Where did you get it? Is it a Worldmax shell? From what I understand they're the ones putting out all the BB copies that we see except their hammered shells look a bit different.

Is it dry sounding? Woody?

Ok, enough of that for now, great snare.

Edit: 1500th post WHooo!!!

Poor thread, I feel bad for new gear threads that Don't get any love. You should have lied and told them it was a limited edition Ludwig and they'd have been all over this thread.

The obligatory Red Menace bevy of questions: Where did you get it? Is it a Worldmax shell? From what I understand they're the ones putting out all the BB copies that we see except their hammered shells look a bit different.

Is it dry sounding? Woody?

Ok, enough of that for now, great snare.

Edit: 1500th post WHooo!!!

OK :) Bought it in France (Paris).
I've been living next to Lyon, (South France). I was looking for a brass or a red cooper snare and did not want to spend a lot for a new snare.
Sound is inbetween wood and brass, not so dry and warm to my ears.
I owned a Black Beauty 14*5 and, I'm sorry to say : did not like it at all... sold it ;)
This red cooper snare is just great and you can play whaterver you want.

See ya

Back