Returning after a long absence

stormyrider

Hi. I was reunited with my kit a few weeks ago after about 25 - 30 years. I played throughout school and college, but not since I entered the "real world". It's fun to rediscover a hobby/passion at age 54.

I have a mid 70s Pearl 5 piece fiberglass - wood shell set with a 22" ride and 18" crash (both Zildjain). Favorite music is jazz and, for lack of a better term, "improvisational / blues based rock".

I replaced my long lost copy of Stick Control, got a metronome, and am having a great time practicing and learning although there's lot's of rust to shake off.

Thanks to everyone who has posted tips, links and suggestions!!

photo-1_zps0e88998e.jpg

Last edited:
Nice kit. Don't see those, to often. Cool that you came back to drumming .... and welcome to Drummerworld.​

I had one of those in red! It was my first drum set. I made the mistake of giving it to a friend's son, so he could learn and it got trashed. I am still mad! Those were really loud. I'm 52, so we are from the same era as those fiberglass shells, and I am really surprised they haven't brought them back. Welcome back to drums, BTW. You will have fun with those.

Back