14x14 - Floor Tom
14x18 - Bass

Heads
Evans G1 - Tom and Bass batter
Evans J1 - Snare Batter
Stock Evans Resonant heads - Resonant toms and Snare
Stock Evans Batter head - Bass Drum Resonant head

Cymbals
14 inch Zildjian A Hihats (top from 60's, bottom from 70's)
20 inch Zildjain K Constantinople Ride w/ 2 rivets (drilled for 3)
21 inch Istanbul Sultan Jazz Ride
20 inch Zildjain A China High w/ 4 rivets (drilled for 8)

Hardware
All Yamaha, Gibraltar, or Gretsch.
Mapex Falcon Bass Drum Pedal w/ custom beater

Whatchy'all think?

Last edited:
Dude! That is gorgeous! Great choice on the finish and very nice cymbals..

What kind of rivet is that on the close up?

Standard Zildjain rivet. We drilled a small hole in it and put one of those hair tie pins in there to keep it from coming out. Works great!

Beautiful........
I bought split rivets at the hardware store, much cheaper, then spread the sides apart to keep them from coming out. Agree on the look of the sparkle.

Beautiful........
I bought split rivets at the hardware store, much cheaper, then spread the sides apart to keep them from coming out. Agree on the look of the sparkle.

I definitely could have done that - the advantage of my way is that they are easily removed/added to adjust to the room or the group.

This finish in the CCJ line is actually Copper Sparkle im pretty sure. Champagne Sparkle isn't offered. Side by side you can tell a difference, but they are almost the same.

Regardless, beautiful setup! I love it.

This finish in the CCJ line is actually Copper Sparkle im pretty sure. Champagne Sparkle isn't offered. Side by side you can tell a difference, but they are almost the same.

Regardless, beautiful setup! I love it.

You're correct. The finish - or wrap rather - is copper sparkle.

Very nice kit, I bought one too in walnut glaze lacquer. I did not buy the snare drum though as I have enough snares that I prefer more. I am really impressed with this kit. I have more expensive kits and I have owned 5 Gretsch USA Custom kits, but the sound of this kit is really impressive. I swapped out the tom batters with Remo Fiberskyn FA batters.

Back