I don't want to go on vacation: My new Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute

Poor image quality,
bad lighting,
only mobile phone pics,
drumset not set up properly, but...

I just had to show them to you! The first pics of my new and long-awaited Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute! I've been wanting this kit for eight years now and about half a year ago I finally placed the order. It took that long for the drums to arrive because of the Vintage Finish, the virgin bassdrum and the Absolute lugs. I even sent back a complete set which was delivered just six weeks after ordering, but with the Nouveau lugs - I just don't like them.

The timing couldn't have been worse: The kit arrived yesterday and I just finished recording a CD, so this opportunity to record my new kit properly was missed (but the shop owner offered me a SQ2 Vintage Beech from his display for the recording, so that wasn't a problem ,-) ) . Also, I'm going on vacation in three days so the kit will remain unplayed for the next two weeks! But still:

I am so happy with it. The floor toms are a bit brighter than the rest of the kit, I hope that will change. I feel blessed. The bassdrum blew me away out-of-the-box, also the 10" tom, the 12" tom and the 16" floor tom. The 14" needs a little tuning work.

Specs: 20x16, 10x7,5, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16
The snare I already had for eight years, 14x5,5

I will add better pictures when I'm back from vacation.

Cheers,
d.

Hey , I cant really see your stash, I KNOW what you have have!

Its the real deal. Enjoy it. And your vacation.. well. sort of.

Is a virgin bkick just without the tom mounts coming from them? By the way, love the finish it is awesome, and I love maple, its my favorite. The warm tones make me drool, and that kit looks awesome. Congrats on the cd and drums!

Even if these photos are taken with a mobile I`m impressed with this kit!
Those Customs do sound amazing, the sizes are magnific as well and this finish looks very exclusive and unique.

I love it..."unfortunatly" there`re those vacations. =)

Karl

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your comments. I can only say that I am really really happy with my decision to go with the MCA instead of the SQ2 which I originally had planned on buying. I'm already thinking of adding another bass drum (18x14) to the kit - I don't think I'll ever want to play another set...

@zzdrummer:
A virgin kick is an extra option and they charge you extra for that (which is kinda ridiculous). It also will take longer for your set to arrive.

Tomorrow I will get another chance to play the set before leaving.

d.

Is a virgin bkick just without the tom mounts coming from them? By the way, love the finish it is awesome, and I love maple, its my favorite. The warm tones make me drool, and that kit looks awesome. Congrats on the cd and drums!

Yes, a virgin kick is one that has not been drilled for the tom mounts.

Nice kit too btw!

Back