Zildjian Cymbal Stacks?

matt6g

Anyone have any cymbal stacks using only Zildjian cymbals?
I'm looking to make one using either a china/hi-hat or china/splash.
Let me know what you use! I'm curious

alparrott

Platinum Member
Anyone have any cymbal stacks using only Zildjian cymbals?
I'm looking to make one using either a china/hi-hat or china/splash.
Let me know what you use! I'm curious
The TrashFormer cymbals are great to use in stacks too for a really quick, nasty sound. I have a cracked A Custom splash that I like to put atop my 14" TrashFormer. Very quick and bitey.

porter

Platinum Member
I have a 14" A Custom EFX that I bought for this purpose a couple years ago- originally I stacked it inverted on a 13" Oriental china but hated that cymbal so I got rid of it (the china). I think the EFX series stacks well with anything, really, but you might try one underneath a small china that's not as clangy as the Oriental- maybe a K mini china? Any size could also work very well inverted in the bowl of a larger china.

matt6g

I have a 14" A Custom EFX that I bought for this purpose a couple years ago- originally I stacked it inverted on a 13" Oriental china but hated that cymbal so I got rid of it (the china). I think the EFX series stacks well with anything, really, but you might try one underneath a small china that's not as clangy as the Oriental- maybe a K mini china? Any size could also work very well inverted in the bowl of a larger china.
Thanks man! I think I'll experiment with that Mini China and either a Trashformer or some sort of effects cymbal.