your throw off ....where is it?

6:00. Always know where it is because it's right there in front of me.

I'm the exception. I always have it around 11 o'clock. I was pretty wild early on and never felt the need to revise it.

Come to think of it, 9 would be better.

Well, mine is at roughly 1:30 - 2 o` clock.
It`s there because 3 and 9 bugs me when i`m playing the double bass pedal and 6 feels weird. It`s accesible and "hidden" at the same time. But it works for me!

9:00 has proven over the years to work best for me. I've tied 3:00 and 6:00 before and am not comfortable with those locations.

The last snare I bought was the Akira Jimbo Yamaha snare: I tend to always position my snares with the air vent at 12 o'clock which in this instance puts the throw lever at 2 o'clock.

awesome responses

I love hearing about everyones different placement ...and why

interesting to me

About the 9:00 position ...........​

About 8:30 for me. Always been there.

This is why the Traps snare freaks me out when I play it. The throw off has ("has" as in the best position for this wacky tupperware kit) to be at 6:00 because of the way the frame is molded.

I can't warm to it there.

8:30 / 9:00 is my placement. If just faster for me there. I do tons of throw off, throw in stuff as I do a lot of jungle drum stuff.

Great thread.

-K

Since I'm left-handed, it's at my 3-4 o'clock position.

That doesn't make sense to me... Since you're left-handed, shouldn't it be towards the left side of the snare? Or is it because you prefer using your backbeat hand to operate it?

Back