your throw off ....where is it?

SticksEasy

I've never given it much thought. I always under the impression it should just be on the last side of (or right if you're left handed). It makes sense that way. To me anyway.

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
I keep it at 7 or 8 O'clock usually. Basically where it's comfortable for my left hand to reach if I need to switch while playing.

12 o'clock is crazy unless you're sure you will never need to turn them off.

A

Anthony Amodeo

Usually keep it angled inwards towards the middle of the drum set. I used to have it more accessible, but I accidentally turned the dial a few times with my hand, so I moved it out of the way.

hmmm... interesting.

this is exactly why I started this thread

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Usually keep it angled inwards towards the middle of the drum set. I used to have it more accessible, but I accidentally turned the dial a few times with my hand, so I moved it out of the way.

A

Anthony Amodeo

.......random thought.....and I have no idea why I notice these things....but

I watch a lot of drummers play and I always for some reason check out where their throw off is.....most guys have it somewhere between 6 and 8 o'clock

I was watching a drummer last night who had it at 12 o'clock....never saw that before...

I personally leave mine right between 6 and 7 directly to the left of the bottom snare basket arm

....so purely out of curiosity ......where is your throw off?