Your personal progress

TColumbia37

Silver Member
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this idea, but I think it would be cool to have a sub-forum on here for people to create threads about the things going on in their drumming journeys. Somewhere that people can go to post about the new things they're learning and the progress that they're making, or experiences they've had through the learning process. Or maybe post about their doubts or their shortcomings in their learning experience. Somewhere in which people can post bits of inspiration and encouragement for others to keep working on that groove or rudiment that is just killing them. Just a basic 'learning experiences' type forum. I know I would frequent a sub-forum like that.

What about you guys?

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I believe it's the "your playing" sub forum.

Or most of the existing threads here in the general discussion area.

TColumbia37

Silver Member
I believe it's the "your playing" sub forum.

Or most of the existing threads here in the general discussion area.
See, I thought about that, as well, and 'Your Playing' seems to make the most sense for what we have that exists, but it's more for showing what you can do.

I guess 'General Discussion' works the best, as it is a non-specific forum.

FoolInTheRain

Lately my personal progress has mostly consisted of finding more things I'm doing wrong.

I'll take whatever I can get.

MaryO

Platinum Member
I''ve pretty much been doing that throughout the forum...using whichever heading works best for the particular post I'm writing. Ask anyone...they'll tell you they know all about the up, down and all-around drumming journey of MaryO for the past 2 years or so. :)

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Here's a similar thread....

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95429&highlight=good+day,+bad+day

By the way, TColumbia - is the Bix B. spirit still alive in Davenport?
Oh, it absolutely is! We have a Bix marathon here every year, in which all of our fitness nuts run miles on a specified course, and a bunch of the local bands set up along the course and play for the runners as they're going by. People stop during the race to take a breather and watch the bands for a while, and then continue, maybe stop to see another band play a little later. It really is a cool thing.

I''ve pretty much been doing that throughout the forum...using whichever heading works best for the particular post I'm writing. Ask anyone...they'll tell you they know all about the up, down and all-around drumming journey of MaryO for the past 2 years or so. :)
And I love it when you do that! It's great to hear about the progress people are making along the way.

dmacc

Platinum Member
Oh, it absolutely is! We have a Bix marathon here every year, in which all of our fitness nuts run miles on a specified course, and a bunch of the local bands set up along the course and play for the runners as they're going by. People stop during the race to take a breather and watch the bands for a while, and then continue, maybe stop to see another band play a little later. It really is a cool thing.
That's awesome! I'd love to make it out there sometime for the fest. My dad always wanted to do it before he died, but unfortunately he never made it.

Last edited:

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Thanks. He passed 13 years ago but I keep his spirit alive in music and drumming. He was a jazz drummer as well.
I love that Jazz is still alive for a lot of people. Jazz is bigger around here than I originally thought. Heck, some of the middle schools here have jazz bands. Two of the members of my ska band actively play in Jazz bands in college right now. We also have a radio station, run by another college, that plays jazz almost all day. I used to listen to that station every single day.