your dream set-up

S

sticks4drums

Gruntersdad is right. I just take any chance I can get. :)

D

drumfreak1987

This thread has been done too many times. Please use the search engine.
tends to happen once in a while...no point in complaining. if you don't like a thread, please use your mouse to select another

M

mediocrefunkybeat

No, actually it's written in the rules of the forum to please use the 'search' function. So what Gruntersdad has said stands.

kettles

Gold Member
tends to happen once in a while...no point in complaining. if you don't like a thread, please use your mouse to select another
Good comeback actually. But yeah, thread is hardly repeat-worthy.

My dream set up is actually just a house with a good sized room and enough acoustic treatment to make it sound good and not annoy the neighbours. The drums are a minor part!

D

drumfreak1987

No, actually it's written in the rules of the forum to please use the 'search' function. So what Gruntersdad has said stands.
which is fine by me...crystal clear, i'm not here to prevent what someone says from standing. i searched a couple of times for similar threads, which is why i posted this topic- to find out about my fellow percussionists' interests. anyway, i didn't realize folks were going to be so sensitive. is this a drummers' forum? ....'cause i'm starting to think i stumbled into one for lead singers...

S

sticks4drums

which is fine by me...crystal clear, i'm not here to prevent what someone says from standing. i searched a couple of times for similar threads, which is why i posted this topic- to find out about my fellow percussionists' interests. anyway, i didn't realize folks were going to be so sensitive. is this a drummers' forum? ....'cause i'm starting to think i stumbled into one for lead singers...
Don't get defensive. You have to remember some of these people have been here for a while and hate seeing the same topics come up over and over again. It's all good.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
But my dream set up are Ludwigs. How can I design the ultimate Luddy config using a DW kit-builder?

That's what happened to Sticks4....he secretly wanted Ludwigs too. But he used the DW program and ended up with bloody Mapex.

Last edited:

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
You mean lead singers like Phil Collins?

S

sticks4drums

But my dream set up are Ludwigs. How can I design the ultimate Luddy config using a DW kit-builder?

That's what happened to Sticks4....he secretly wanted Ludwigs too. But he used the DW program and ended up with bloody Mapex.
Damn that DW kit builder!

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
You guys mean to tell me that we have had threads about dream kits on this forum already?
Oh man, I missed all of them.
I feel like Rip Van Winkle.
Where have I been?
Well anyway, I had a real bad cold with a fever last week and I took way too much Ny Quil in an effort to relieve the symptoms. (That stuff always makes me have wild dreams)
I dreamed that I had a 6 piece Sonor Delite in Walnut Roots.
It was wonderful, I even had the matching snare!
Then I woke up on the floor by my old Gretsch.
I was cold and shivering from the fever but I still had the memory of that dream in my head.
I think that I will take Ny Quil again tonight even though I am no longer sick. :)

S

sticks4drums

You guys mean to tell me that we have had threads about dream kits on this forum already?
Oh man, I missed all of them.
I feel like Rip Van Winkle.
Where have I been?
Well anyway, I had a real bad cold with a fever last week and I took way too much Ny Quil in an effort to relieve the symptoms. (That stuff always makes me have wild dreams)
I dreamed that I had a 6 piece Sonor Delite in Walnut Roots.
It was wonderful, I even had the matching snare!
Then I woke up on the floor by my old Gretsch.
I was cold and shivering from the fever but I still had the memory of that dream in my head.
I think that I will take Ny Quil again tonight even though I am no longer sick. :)
Walnut. Oh ya. Preach it Bob!

MikeM

Platinum Member
I don't have a dream setup in terms of what drum manufacturer. They could be DW, Gretsch, Yamaha (except they only make limited sizes), Tama, even Ludwig (if I could be sure of no defects), but I am sorta picky about sizes. Gimme a maple, birch, bubinga, oak, or whatever nice kit with the following sizes: 10/12/13/14 toms of standard depth, 15/16/18 floor toms, and a 22 and a 24 kick of 14 inch depth and I'm good.

With those drums, I can make any configuration I want. I can run fusion sizes, Bonham sizes, Pridgen sizes. Lots of versions of 4-piece and 5 piece kits. Anyway, I have all but 2 of those sizes already and I don't have trouble making kits that are interesting to play. (I'm missing the 10" and the 14", that match anyway)

Snares and cymbals, on the other hand... man, that could go on beyond the end of time.

S

sticks4drums

I don't have a dream setup in terms of what drum manufacturer, but I am sorta picky about sizes. Gimme a maple, birch, bubinga, oak, or whatever nice kit with the following sizes: 10/12/13/14 toms of standard depth, 15/16/18 floor toms, and a 22 and a 24 kick of 14 inch depth.

With those drums, I can make any configuration I want. I can run fusion sizes, Bonham sizes, Pridgen sizes. Lots of versions of 4-piece and 5 piece kits. Anyway, I have most of those already so I don't have trouble making kits that are interesting to play.

Snares and cymbals, on the other hand... man, that could go on beyond the end of time.
You left Walnut out just to bug me. Thanks! :)