Yo homies, this is how gangstas play drums

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
(Sorry for the very un-gangstaish expression)

(Also for the benefit of the orwellian totalitarian dictatorship sorry I mean UK government's benefit, these guns are not real; they are toys. The "AK-47" whilst it may not comply with the Violent crime reduction bollocks, was bought before 2006, thus rendering such draconian bullshit irrelevant)

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I shot my cousin in the backside with a BB gun once. If I recall, it was from three inches away and had a metal centre.

That's why an eight-year old me cannot be trusted with a BB gun.

Even if they are replicas, I wouldn't go around in public touting them. You're also holding them vertically. If you want real gangster credibility, you have to shoot them horizontally. That's just the way it is.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
If you want to be an unhinged gun-nut you should move out here to AZ. You don't even need a license to carry a concealed weapon. We have a very unique brand of wierdo out here to say the least.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Oh hey, surprised to find a white guy posted this-- from the subject line I thought maybe 50 Cent himself had joined us here. Your ghetto argot is impeccable.

You really have to fire the guns while you play to complete the effect. You could earn a pretty good living playing at US gun shows with that kind of act. Some maniac is probably working that up as we speak, in fact.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
So anybody that owns guns is an unhinged gun toteing maniac.Interesting.Talk about painting people with broad strokes.

Just FYI...yes you do need a permit in every state of the union,including Arizona,to carry a handgun.Thats state and federal law.Just google "concealed carry permit".

Steve B

tamadrm

Platinum Member
That's the plan :)
Sorry Eddie,but stuff like that that just gives responsible and safe gun owners a black eye.Owning a gun is a LIFESTYLE change,and if I had anything to say about you getting a firearms permit,the answer would be NO.Doing stuff like that,in your own home or not,is the same as saying...I didn't know the gun was loaded,after the gun goes off..

Steve B

Bad Tempered Clavier

Silver Member
If you want real gangster credibility, you have to shoot them horizontally. That's just the way it is.
Firing a semi automatic pistol whilst holding it horizontally will typically result in the shooter being hit in the face by the spent cartridge as it is ejected from the chamber. Unless you angle the pistol towards another tom and try to go for a flam.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
{snare roll, cymbal}
pun intended?
Rim SHOT in keeping with the OP

You are correct in that a cymbal roll and splash would be the default figure to play according to "The Drummer's Guide to Punctuating Comments with Appropriate Figures" Chapter 3 section 2, paragraph 4A and I quote...ahem..."Whenever a humorous one line quip is uttered it is the drummers responsibility to immediately punctuate it with a quick snare roll and cymbal crash, preferably using a splash cymbal, 12" in diameter or less".

There's an exception to that paragraph that allows for a single lone rimshot to take the place of the snare roll and splash in certain situations as determined by the local conditions at the time. I utilized the exception and made a field call.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
I quote...ahem..."Whenever a humorous one line quip is uttered it is the drummers responsibility to immediately punctuate it with a quick snare roll and cymbal crash, preferably using a splash cymbal, 12" in diameter or less".

There's an exception to that paragraph that allows for a single lone rimshot to take the place of the snare roll and splash in certain situations as determined by the local conditions at the time. I utilized the exception and made a field call.
Yes, I think that was a successful rationalisation, Larry. Personally I'm a boom tish gal. The roll is a more challenging approach. The ease of boom tish gives me time to sneak in the sting so no one realises I was miles away and only woke up when I heard laughter. When especially distracted I'll sometimes I just do the tish.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Owning a gun is just owning a gun. Nothing more, nothing less. On a farm, a gun actually serves a purpose, and it helps if you actually know how to use one. In the city, I don't need a gun, just civility.