Yesterday - Movie Trailer

Macarina

Silver Member
Just saw this, this morning in my news feed...

Yesterday - a movie trailer

I hope the movie is as fun as the trailer implies.

Directed by Danny Boyle
A struggling musician realizes he is the only person that can remember the Beatles.

Last edited:

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Just saw this, this morning in my news feed...

Yesterday - a movie trailer

I hope the movie is as fun as the trailer implies.

Directed by Danny Boyle
A struggling musician realizes he is the only person that ca remember the Beatles.
Great stuff.
It's funny because it strongly reminds me a French movie : called "Jean Philippe"
A movie in which an absolute fan of Johnny Hallyday (great french rocker who passed away last year) wakes up in a world where Johnny doesn't exist and nobody has heard of him.
He then plans to find Johnny, who exists but failed many years ago to get to an audition because of a car failure and then did get his carrier.

http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=18413916&cfilm=60628.html

It's more on the humouristic side.

Last edited:

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
Yes, nice idea for a movie..

In the same time also a crap idea, because the current idea of pop music would never be the same if The Beatles would not have been there..

Then is a little weird to put those songs into today's musical climate as if they never existed and see how people react to them, since today's musical climate most likely would be very different without them..

Like, the girl refers to Coldplay, but, if The Beatles never had been there, Coldplay maybe would be a rockabilly band or something like that..

I say maybe, because, maybe also not and another band with the same amount of influence would have been there..

We will never know..

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Yes, nice idea for a movie..

In the same time also a crap idea, because the current idea of pop music would never be the same if The Beatles would not have been there..

Then is a little weird to put those songs into today's musical climate as if they never existed and see how people react to them, since today's musical climate most likely would be very different without them..

Like, the girl refers to Coldplay, but, if The Beatles never had been there, Coldplay maybe would be a rockabilly band or something like that..

I say maybe, because, maybe also not and another band with the same amount of influence would have been there..

We will never know..
That is totally relevant.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Oldskoolsoul you make a good point and thank heavens citical thinking isn't a requirement to audiences being entertained otherwise that industry probably wouldn't exist.
I'm interested to see how this will be received in the US market as compared to Europe.

Last edited:

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I had the same exact thought.

If not for the Beatles, Coldplay would likely not even exist.

At least not in the way they are known.

JustJames

Platinum Member
Saw a preview screening this evening and enjoyed it thoroughly.

In the movie, Ed Sheeran is depicted as some stadium filling superstar, which was just completely implausible but apart from that I really enjoyed it.