Yamaha Stage Custom Redesign

MJRDrums

Hi. Just wondered if anyone could tell me if the stage custom 2014 redesign comes in Honey Amber and in sizes;
14 snare.

I can find the redesign in the smaller size kits and in other finishes. But these specs I can only find before the redesign.

Anybody know?

On a side note, I’ve decided to go for the stage custom over the Gretsch Catalina Maple and Tama Superstar Classic. Anyone like to convince me I’ve made the wrong choice?

Thanks!

MJRDrums

Yes those are the sizes but is that the redesigned kit? See if you look here...

It’s states which ones are the newer versions and those sizes/finish aren’t listed. And that seems to be pretty common. I’ve tried to contact Yamaha too but no luck. Thanks anyway.

KamaK I’ve been drumming for nearly 20 years I dont really get your point.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member

It’s states which ones are the newer versions and those sizes/finish aren’t listed. And that seems to be pretty common. I’ve tried to contact Yamaha too but no luck. Thanks anyway.
All of the drumsets pictured on that site are the newer style, even if they don't explicitly state it. I don't think honey amber was even offered in the previous generation.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Here in Aus the 22” versions are called ‘Euro’ while the 20” version is called ‘Fusion’. Both versions are still available in the post 2014 version. The toms are an inch shallower compared to the previous silver badge version. Honey amber is available in both sizes.

MJRDrums

Here in Aus the 22” versions are called ‘Euro’ while the 20” version is called ‘Fusion’. Both versions are still available in the post 2014 version. The toms are an inch shallower compared to the previous silver badge version. Honey amber is available in both sizes.
Ahh ok, that’s perfect cheers for the help!
Have you ever played them? What’s your assessment?

wildbill

Platinum Member

That's a strange site. I see where the confusion comes in for you.
They show the set in the finish and sizes you want, but don't put in the "New Redsign for 2014".
Yes - the picture is of the new drums, and it's unlikely they'd still have have new 2013 or earlier drums for sale.

The re-designed drums have been available for 6 years, so it's unlikely that they put the wrong picture up.
There's a few easy ways to tell the new version from the old - first is the badges - gold(ish) new vs. silver(ish) old.
The new bass drum has die cast claws, the old ones are stamped.
And the new style bass drum hoops don't have the whole hoop stained, whereas the old ones do.

V-Four

Well, I cant answer for morris, but I will tell you that I got the "fusion size" (with 20" kick), and just as I have read in reviews..sounds awesome. Now, I did replace the factory heads w/ evans G2 coated (also from the reviews), and man, I'll tell ya. Sounds soo much better than my old exports (both sets), and my Ludwig rocker 2's. Granted those were older sets and lots of companies make decent drums today compared to 20 years ago. But I digress.

also, when kamaks unicorn shows up, he should also bring evans coated G2's. ironically, (maybe not that ironic,) I also love Zildjian A's. (NOT A customs).

YMMV

T.

yammyfan

Hope you find what you're looking for. The SC Birch is a great kit Honey Amber is a nice finish. I got a great deal on a Honey Amber snare and bought it on a whim. The seller had the whole kit and it looked smashing.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
I often play a fusion set, 20” 10/12/14. After a couple of head changes we’ve settled on coated G2’s, like the person a few posts up. I think the thicker heads help get a deeper sound from the shallow toms.