Yamaha Drums

gcvrsa

Anyways from what I can gather, they are Yamaha Beech Customs, Made In Japan. Any info on the date or things about these? Very hard to find info on them.

6 pc set:
10x8 - WTT810 0M-5643
12x9 - WTT812 0M-5643
14x11 - WTT814 0M-0134
16x13 - WTT816 0M-5657
22x18 - WBD822 0M-5688
Maybe these will help:

Skrivarna

Re: Reunited with Oak Customs

Played a couple of weddings this past weekend, about a 4 hour drive away. It was going to be a really tight pack, not much room in the van as it had to carry our whole PA, lights, drums and some guitar gear too.

So, I thought I'd dust off my Silver Sparkle Oak Customs 10/14/18. I hadn't ever played these with coated heads on the toms and I was dying to try it, thinking that coated heads would balance the bright Oak shells just right. Boy, did they ever. Coated Emperor now my goto head for Oak Custom toms.

This 18" x15" bass drum has a lift, and I have it fitted with a clear PS3 batter and a Fiberskyn reso. Small towel inside only touching the resonant head.

Snare duties for this setup was my new-ish Absolute Hybrid in Jade Green Sparkle. No trouble with that!

Oak Customs still a knock out after all these years.
In search of a 12" tom for this kit!
I just love the subtle Yamaha logo on that BD head! That's the way to do it, if you absolutely got to have a brand front head.

evilg99

Platinum Member

Drumprof

Love them. Yamaha Maple but with just a bit of a different eq to them.
A little brighter in the mids, but warm and with a nice, noticeable low fundamental.
They have more bite to the attack, kind of birch like.
Modern sounding for sure. Lots of resonance but just enough control.
Very versatile.
Can tune them up to bop, mid tuning for everything else.

20x16 bass pictured but also own an 18 for jazz.
These drums do many styles very well.

Took the pic in a casual outdoor parking lot gig for about 100 people.
Not a great gig but it was for a friend and it was a nice day.

Groov-E

Silver Member
A little brighter in the mids, but warm and with a nice, noticeable low fundamental.
They have more bite to the attack, kind of birch like.
Modern sounding for sure. Lots of resonance but just enough control.
Very versatile.
Can tune them up to bop, mid tuning for everything else.
What surprises me every time is shell resonance. Great attack followed by an amplifying low rumble coming from the shells.

I don't get why resale value is abysmal.

Too bad I compromised on sizes in exchange for a good deal...still looking for a 20 bd and 14 ft in red autumn ;-)

Drumprof

[/What surprises me every time is shell resonance. Great attack followed by an amplifying low rumble coming from the shells QUOTE]

Yes. They went for huge resonance, with a depth and deep fundamental to the tone that gives them a nice bottom to a really nice singing resonance.

I’ll think there a great step forward in drum tonal possibilities.