WOW!!

porter

Platinum Member
That's a legitimate point, there was some tearing. Part of why I would have loved to hear the whole thing, to hear it all come back together after that really displacey sax solo (or not!).

BillBachman

Gold Member
This is cool! I grew up listening to old Genesis in 7/8 time. They're nailing it, I'm bobbing my head in a happy 7 start to finish.

Dutch

This is cool! I grew up listening to old Genesis in 7/8 time. They're nailing it, I'm bobbing my head in a happy 7 start to finish.
I'll have Cinema Show over this every day of the week though. Or was that in 9/8?

Dutch

Last edited:

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
Not my cup of tea. The pulse was not flowing with any real grace.

Thomas is a prodigious talent with next-level ability but I always get the feeling that he's showing off his last "gospel chop" every time I see him.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
My band at school has trouble with this chart in 4/4, let alone trying to play it all in 7/8. Interesting concept, and really hard to do it well.

Captain Bash

Silver Member
Yes this is total butchery, this is what gives jazz a bad name. It's neither inspiring improvisation nor grooving like the original hit song.

Skyking

Thoughts from the first 2 voices in my head.

1. He that is without sin, let him cast the first stone. I'll be the first to admit to murdering a good song in my career (and more than once).
2. Talent without taste is a waste. If that were a vinyl record I'd be taking apart my record player to see what went wrong.

Now put down those stones, they're artists you know.