Wow! 10th Anniversary Sonor SQ2 Cast Bronze...

Stroker

Platinum Member
... 6.5x14 Snare Drum!

Today, just now, fresh out of the box!

Never dreamed of owning a drum of this caliber (ever) in my lifetime!

Every now and then one happens upon a manufacturer, a product, where craftsmanship is held to the highest of standards, and customer satisfaction ranks supreme, and Sonor delivers (to the max) on both!

If I wasn't a believer before, I am now, and if this snare drum broadcasts anything even remotely close as to what I can expect from the Sonor SQ2 kit I presently have in the works (slated for order this September), then I never, ever, need to look beyond that of what Sonor offers (ever again), period.

Right down to the handcrafted wooden box with gold-plated drum key and accessories, Sonor (in my opinion) is one of the last remaining companies that goes above and beyond to please. No exceptions, no compromise.

A special thanks to Shane (and staff), at DCP!

Many thanks to all!

Sonor, Made in Germany, need I say more?

P1010748.JPG
P1010749 (2).JPGP1010761.JPGP1010751 (2).JPG

Last edited:
It's so beautiful! That's an heirloom snare right there. Is it numbered?

.....and if this snare drum broadcasts anything even remotely close as to what I can expect from the Sonor SQ2 kit I presently have in the works (slated for order this September) .....

Do we have another @8Mile anticipation thread in the works? If so, take us along for the ride, share you decision making process!

It's so beautiful! That's an heirloom snare right there. Is it numbered?

Do we have another @8Mile anticipation thread in the works? If so, take us along for the ride, share you decision making process!
While not numbered, within the wooden presentation box is a card where the owners of these drums add their signature to, then return the card to Sonor in Germany, which then fabricates a custom specialty badge for the drum, graced with the drum owners signature, which in my view, upstages a simple numerical stamped plate or badge.

Absolutely beautiful! You'll be getting a specialty badge too...that's pretty sweet. I'm up for another drum set anticipation thread!

And handled with white gloves. Stunning. Accessory box is way above normal.

Absolutely beautiful! You'll be getting a specialty badge too...that's pretty sweet. I'm up for another drum set anticipation thread!
I agree, it truly is over the top.

And handled with white gloves. Stunning. Accessory box is way above normal.
My thoughts exactly. Sometimes the little things are what helps distinguish the extraordinary from the ordinary.

Be happy to, Sir.

I have decided on an SQ2 in High-Gloss African Marble (which is one of Sonor's few REAL Veneer options), w/Birch Shells and Chrome Hardware.

It will be a double bass setup (virgin), six rack toms, two floor toms.

I'm already buzzing with excitement over owning such a kit.

Reactions: TJK
Yes. I've experienced that with several purchases other than drums. That little extra touch adds a lot.

Great looking drum. (y)
Many thanks!

Yes indeed, it really does. Very satisfying.

Be happy to, Sir.

I have decided on an SQ2 in High-Gloss African Marble (which is one of Sonor's few REAL Veneer options), w/Birch Shells and Chrome Hardware.

What a beautiful snare drum! It sounds phenomenal in the DCP demo video and looks it too. Holy crap on the SQ2 drums you're ordering...that's some setup and should cover any configurations you'll need...unless you're gonna play it as a big fat double bass setup with loads of toms!

Yeah, we need an anticipation thread on those when you put the order in.

Be happy to, Sir.

That's a huge kit, and amazing finish too. You're not playing around!

What shell depths are you going with?

Hey Stroker. That is one beautiful snare. Can't wait for the pic's on the new SQ2 kit. Lots of pic's with both.

Be happy to, Sir.

In my opinion, that is one of the most beautiful veneers Sonor has ever offered, and even more so in high gloss. Yours will be a stunning set. Congratulations!

Couldn't go to a nicer guy either.

Our upcoming Sonor set REALLY sounds like fun.

Good looking drum!!! I know you waited a while for it, so I bet you're super excited. Congrats!!

What a beautiful snare drum! It sounds phenomenal in the DCP demo video and looks it too. Holy crap on the SQ2 drums you're ordering...that's some setup and should cover any configurations you'll need...unless you're gonna play it as a big fat double bass setup with loads of toms!

Yeah, we need an anticipation thread on those when you put the order in.
Many thanks, Inc!

More likely than not, the kit will remain in it's full spectrum, but having the option to be able to occasionally split it up and experiment with different configurations will be a joy.

Consider it done! Will post a date as soon as I fire the order off. It's right around the corner now.

Back