Who would have thought...

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Was this written in 1920? I can see the wet laundry on my heads now, and no, I'm too bald to have a hair dryer. Maybe I'll hold it in front of the exhuast pipe on my car to warm it up. Wow. This sounds so much like an Expert Village production it is funny.

Last edited:

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Anyone who can make sense of this advice is doing better than me ...

When done, loosen the head it wrinkles, get up and run around the drum seven times. If you don't fall over you can proceed to tune it as normal to the desired pitch.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Anyone who can make sense of this advice is doing better than me ...

When done, loosen the head it wrinkles, get up and run around the drum seven times. If you don't fall over you can proceed to tune it as normal to the desired pitch.
I have a feeling that may have been intended as a joke. It's not made very clear though, is it?

The other bit I liked was the bit about the bearing edge being dented.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
This guy probably checks for seat belt fraying every time he drives his car. It's probably not bad advice, though...

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I've heard the hairdryer advice elsewhere, I think it's a legitimate technique. I've never done it though.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
I have a feeling that may have been intended as a joke. It's not made very clear though, is it?

The other bit I liked was the bit about the bearing edge being dented.
Yes, his humour is a strange mix of dryness and goofiness. His grammar ... I thought he might speak English as a second language but I his About page knocks over that notion.

Not sure about slopping hot, wet laundry on drums. Maybe put it in a plastic bag first?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
And just for the record, after all this time of seeing his handle, I finally figured out that PQleyR is a conniption of "peculiar"

Rock on with those seated heads.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I've never done the hairdryer way as described. But I do do it the first way. I don't do the CPR method though. I'll actually stand on the drum and bounce a bit.

I think his humor is like alot of drummers here: it's a little odd and without explanation. So of course, on the internet, you don't know if it's funny or not. Maybe if it was a recorded video you could hear it in his voice?

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
And just for the record, after all this time of seeing his handle, I finally figured out that PQleyR is a conniption of "peculiar"

Rock on with those seated heads.
LOL that took me ages too. My worst one (of which I'm aware) was Dairyairman. I read it as "Dairyman" for ages and I wondered if the poor bastard was a milkman or something LOL

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Okay, I'm a bit slow here but I've wondered about the word "conniption" ever since that post. The dictionary says it's "a fit of rage or tantrums".

I was confused before, but now ... !

Wikipedia seems to think the handle is a heterographic homophone lol

Zickosdrummer

"When done, loosen the head it wrinkles, get up and run around the drum seven times. "

Reminds me of A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum. "...Seven times around the seven hills of Rome..."

BTW, his quote makes perfect sence if you insert the word "until".

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Okay, I'm a bit slow here but I've wondered about the word "conniption" ever since that post. The dictionary says it's "a fit of rage or tantrums".

I was confused before, but now ... !

Wikipedia seems to think the handle is a heterographic homophone lol
Oh snap, my bad!. The grammer police strikes again! You're right, a conniption is a hissy fit, meltdown, or going postal. I think the word I intended to use was corruption. PQleyR is a corruption of peculiar. I have to get my adverbs(?) straight. I probably used the wrong word there too lol.

WTF is a heterographic homophone? Other than PQleyR?
Is that a person who keeps handwritten records of daily temperature fluctuations in Oz for years at a time?