Where to buy "stage used" celeb kits?

Drumjunky78

Hi all,

I am a new member and am currently in search of a source to buy the authentic used kits of celebrity drummers. I wish to collect not onsell.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
They pop up from time to time on eBay.
There is no one place to buy them.
They are almost always set at a super high price if they do show up there.

Many known collectors are offered these kits in a private sale and they are bought before the kits ever get a chance to hit the public markets.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Depending on the drummer of course, but for someone really high profile, you'd have a better chance through one of the auction houses as opposed to ebay or other traditional used market sources.

With the emergence of the "collectable" and "memorabilia" markets in everything from sport to entertainment these days, be prepared to pay handsomely though.

Paul Quin

Pioneer Member
if there is a particular kit or drummer whose gear you are interested in purchasing drop me a PM and I will see if I can help. It is not often that a particular drum kit can be sold because of the relationship between the drummer and the endorsing company but there are sometimes exceptions.. Some kits can be very expensive, however, and you should be aware of the price range. One client of mine sold a kit that was a one of a kind from one of the most major tours of the nineties and it had a one off wrap. There was only ever one and it sold for $50,000.

Paul