Where can I purchase Drum backing tracks for Japanese songs?

Albireo893

Hello,
I was kinda wondering If anyone here has any idea where I can get my hands on drum backing tracks for Japanese songs? Or does anyone know of any easy to use editing programs to soften the drums without butchering the song completely? I'm currently looking for many japanese songs but am trying to look for this one in particular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-Ayx7cFpo

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MileHighDrummer

Man, I couldn't say. However, if I were looking, I would start... in Japan. Probably on Ebay Japan. Otherwise (If I were able to understand the language) on Japanese internet sites.

Albireo893

Man, I couldn't say. However, if I were looking, I would start... in Japan. Probably on Ebay Japan. Otherwise (If I were able to understand the language) on Japanese internet sites.
I've tried searching But there might be a japanese musical term for it which I'm not getting. I can read and type a little japanese but most sites are dead ends for me and they're mainly people looking for editing software to soften the drums instead of getting the original backing tracks. I've found a midi one so far and has quite a bit of the songs I'm looking for but I'd very much prefer the originals.

@BillRayDrums
I'm trying to learn this one atm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-Ayx7cFpo&noredirect=1

It's a Japanese song, Singer is Natsumi Kiyoura (清浦夏実)song name is Tabi no Tochuu (旅の途中) . I really love the triplet/sextuplet fills, drum rolls and blues pattern in the song.
So far I've only found it on songsterr but it's only in MIDI format.

PS: Your organic drum tracks are awesome btw!

brentcn

Platinum Member
I've tried searching But there might be a japanese musical term for it which I'm not getting. I can read and type a little japanese but most sites are dead ends for me and they're mainly people looking for editing software to soften the drums instead of getting the original backing tracks. I've found a midi one so far and has quite a bit of the songs I'm looking for but I'd very much prefer the originals.

@BillRayDrums
I'm trying to learn this one atm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-Ayx7cFpo&noredirect=1

It's a Japanese song, Singer is Natsumi Kiyoura (清浦夏実)song name is Tabi no Tochuu (旅の途中) . I really love the triplet/sextuplet fills, drum rolls and blues pattern in the song.
So far I've only found it on songsterr but it's only in MIDI format.

PS: Your organic drum tracks are awesome btw!
Not every song is recorded with the idea that a drummer will want to have a separate mix-down, with vocals and instruments, minus drums, so they can make a YouTube video. There is a studio and/or record company, somewhere, that owns the rights to the multitrack recording. Finding a "without drums" mix-down for free on the internet, apart from being a typical infringement of copyright, just isn't very likely. If a song is popular enough, someone may decide to re-create "drum-less" versions of songs and post them (an infringement of copyright), or the artist themselves will provide the content as a matter of choice (rare, but it has happened).

If you really want to record this song with you on drums, you have a two, maybe three options:

1. Find the record label, and pay them money for a custom mix-down. It's doubtful that they will return your calls, but you never know.

2. Hire a studio and musicians to re-create the song. They would record to a click, and you could then overdub your drums. Probably a few hours would suffice, but it would be expensive.

3. Invite some musician friends over and learn the damn song! Keep in mind that they're going to want to learn songs THEY like, and not just songs YOU like.

dazzlez

Not every song is recorded with the idea that a drummer will want to have a separate mix-down, with vocals and instruments, minus drums, so they can make a YouTube video. There is a studio and/or record company, somewhere, that owns the rights to the multitrack recording. Finding a "without drums" mix-down for free on the internet, apart from being a typical infringement of copyright, just isn't very likely. If a song is popular enough, someone may decide to re-create "drum-less" versions of songs and post them (an infringement of copyright), or the artist themselves will provide the content as a matter of choice (rare, but it has happened).

If you really want to record this song with you on drums, you have a two, maybe three options:

1. Find the record label, and pay them money for a custom mix-down. It's doubtful that they will return your calls, but you never know.

2. Hire a studio and musicians to re-create the song. They would record to a click, and you could then overdub your drums. Probably a few hours would suffice, but it would be expensive.

3. Invite some musician friends over and learn the damn song! Keep in mind that they're going to want to learn songs THEY like, and not just songs YOU like.
There are other options...
4. Learn how to soften the drums/remove them from the track
5. Find a drumless version of it. There are LOADS of drumless tracks available online, some cost money some are free.. some on torrents, some on websites.. some on youtube!
6. Change the way you think, search for drumless tracks first then choose a song to cover.

That song is in DTX MANIA ( a drum game that use drumless track in it) but I haven't been able to find a version yet, as the file section on gdamania is down at the moment =/ So a track where the drums are soften or removed should already exist somewhere on some dodgy japanese DTX site :S

brentcn

Platinum Member
There are other options...
4. Learn how to soften the drums/remove them from the track
5. Find a drumless version of it. There are LOADS of drumless tracks available online, some cost money some are free.. some on torrents, some on websites.. some on youtube!
6. Change the way you think, search for drumless tracks first then choose a song to cover.

That song is in DTX MANIA ( a drum game that use drumless track in it) but I haven't been able to find a version yet, as the file section on gdamania is down at the moment =/ So a track where the drums are soften or removed should already exist somewhere on some dodgy japanese DTX site :S
Huh! A video game about playing instruments driving the popularity of a song -- used to be that popular songs inspired video games (Rockband, Guitar Hero).

Still, all this effort to acquire what is nothing more than play-along material only makes sense if real bandmates aren't available. Keeping up with a track is one thing; driving a band is quite another.

Albireo893

Which was why I mentioned I would pay money for this if anyone happens to know a site that does this for japanese songs. Because afaik the english one exists i think it's called karaoke-version.com.. So I was just wondering if anyone maybe knows a thing or two about that.
My musician friends unfortunately arent really into japanese songs, they prefer doing local songs and general english pop songs. I can more or less play it but get distracted sometimes from hearing the drums from within the songs.

@dazzlez
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that.. But it's a 50-50 thing though for the drumless tracks. Most of it only apply to the official drum mania songs and the unofficial DM songs they just put the song in and write t he notes over it. Even if I didnt play the note it would still hvae th e drums from the original songs. Maybe for Japanese songs it's different after all..and these versions either dont exist or are nearly impossible to find.