What's your latest purchase?

Picked up a Noble and Cooley 6 x 14 Alloy Classic snare yesterday . I had previously owned the 4.75” model and sold it . The 6” is far more to my liking . It has lots of body and fatness and still tons of articulation . I could do every gig I do these days with this snare ( I won’t ).

Last edited:
66673161_460419998106693_2890986210771364733_n.jpg

Spent a week and a half in Amsterdam and Germany, and brought this early 70s Sonor D454 home with me, courtesy of Terpstra Muziek Drumland in Amsterdam. Friendly folks, and a solid deal on a seamless ferromanganese drum. It's since been polished up, and I used it at a gig this past weekend. Sounds incredible!

Finally got around to upgrading my hi-hat clutches: DW One-Touch and the Pearl Rapid Lock Super Grip clutches.
Replacing the stock felts on these with the Sonall Percussion CUSH PADS.

HiHatClutchesLoRes.jpg

Mostly saving for more drumkit and outdoor gear atm, but after I got the Tune-Bot Studio I just got this guy as well.

Resotune.JPG

Still very old school guy and don't really use them much, but thought they might provide some fun and a chance to experiment a bit

New for me 20" Duo Ride. I've been looking out for an HHX Omni to show up on the used sites but this one came along. It's darker and warmer than the Omni. Pairs really well with my 18" HH Dark Crash and I'm loving it. Screw the Omni! I'm all about the Duo now

I bought a 22 K Medium Dark ride about 7 years ago. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Zildjian/K-Dark-Medium-Ride-Cymbal.gc
They go for $449.95 now, but when I got it, I traded in stuff. It was the only cymbal I've bought online without hearing it.
I never liked it all that much, even though they've got a very good reputation, and a lot of people really like them.
I think I just got one of the rare not so good ones. I almost never used it, so it still looked pretty new.

I ran across a well used, older 20 K Custom Medium that I liked a whole lot better.
Those are going for $384.95 new now, but you could tell that this one is a bit older and has seen a lot of use.
The logos are almost gone, and there was a lot of stubborn staining.

Anyways, I bit the bullet, and did a trade, pretty much even up. I know I took a hit on it, and could have done better
with a straight sell instead of a trade. But I'm OK with the deal, and have another cymbal that I'll actually use now.
A pic:

View attachment 86489
Congrats! It’s a good deal regardless of dollar value if your happier with this! I’ve been there myself, and I’ve never minded losing a buck or two if I was happy with the end result. Plus, the next time you get a great deal it’ll even it out...?

Picked this up a couple of days ago to use as a kit share set (When I have to............) Last of the Pearl World Series in Clear Matte Lacquer. Has some battle scars from it's life as a hire kit but everything works, no repairs needed. just a good clean & new heads :)

fullsizeoutput_1142 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_1141 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_1143 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Frosty are you refinishing or just cleaning ?? Looks great

Frosty are you refinishing or just cleaning ?? Looks great

Just a deep clean. Buff the chrome & new heads :) Liking the darkening of the lacquer & it warms the appearance :) Have kind of made it too nice now for it's intended purpose.

RMV bop kit. 18, 12, 14.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 10
The sickness continues, er, uh, I mean, I got two new to me cymbals.

1958 A Zildjian 18in crash ride - 1550g $120
1952/53 A Zildjian 15in crash - 840g $140

Oh yeah. Nothing new sounds like these boys. Soooo sweet! When getting hammered meant something. Well, besides that.

Pete

Attachments

• TwoNew.jpg
    TwoNew.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4687.jpg
    IMG_4687.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Latest purchase was a DW snare stand. I'm sure we all know what one of those looks like, so no pic.

I just sold two Zildjian cymbals and have two Paiste PST 7's one the way. In transit are a 20" medium ride and a 16" thin crash. They will match up nicely with the 17" Paiste PST 7 thin crash.

Just purchased this kit ( currently being finished up) from TRS Custom drums. It is a 20 x 12 bass drum, 12 x 7 rack Tom and 15 x 13 floor Tom , walnut satin burst lacquer finish. This is from their Custom Craft line. Maple shells with vertical grain exterior ply and inner vertical grain African Mahogany ply. These drums have a ton of warmth and bottom end. The finished drums will have all black nickel hardware, black satin bass drum hoops, brass tension rods. Heads will be Remo Coated over Clear Ambassadors-for the Toms, bass batter is a Fiberskyn PS3 and TRS Logo head. Rack Tom and bass drum will be virgin. Floor Tom will have legs.

Attachments

• F798DD29-5F34-4F35-B4B4-8A68B33DA2BB.jpeg
    F798DD29-5F34-4F35-B4B4-8A68B33DA2BB.jpeg
    667.4 KB · Views: 8
Larry, just located this 2014 MDS video clip for audio reference. This is the same make, model and size as my bamboo snare, but it is not my snare.

This snare video is pretty true (minus the slight added reverb) to the snare I heard at the shop a couple years ago. The kit tones were real clean/pure sounding. Not harsh, or thin at all. Not that I had any idea what bamboo would sound like in the first place, but it was a pleasing sounding kit.

I got these Zildjian in-Ear's a couple months ago, and finally got to use them in the studio this past weekend.
I used them for other things but I got them for recording.
Not any more expensive than some headphones I have purchased, and they sound awesome!
Really great sound. Full, clear, crisp, with nice deep low end.... Everything I needed in the past and didn't have from other headphones.
I put my Peltor muffs over top of them for even more isolation, but even before doing that, the sound was great.

These are selling for $149 pretty much everywhere.Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 12.19.56 PM.png

Back