What's your latest purchase?

donzo74

My latest purchase was a used Ludwig 14x6.5 Copperphonic. Still paid too much for it but not as much as I would have if someone else didn't buy it first and return it! I knew I was eventually gonna get one, so I jumped at the chance to save a couple of bills. Winning!

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
That cubic beater - neat. Does it produce a really steep attack?
Yes it does! Not the beater for everyone and not the beater for every situation. A UK drummer friend turned me on to it: Danmar Zoro Signature Model 206S. It has a hardened 6-1/2" black shaft. Used to be available in a chrome shaft, not sure if that is still available or not. They also have the same beater with a 7-1/2" shaft.

kuhldrumz

I custom ordered this Sonor SQ2 drum kit and combined it with Sonor Signature Series Hardware. I had a choice to buy a new car or this drum set - I am more than pleased with my decision. This set is a Sonor SQ2 Medium German Beech Shells in Birdseye Cherry Satin Finish and all drums are made with extended shell depths since I was looking for a particular low-end sound.

Attachments

Quai34

Whoooo, great, I would have bought the drums instead of the car as well!!!! Funny, Imthought that with my 7 cymbals, I might have too much....so, last purchase, 10" Zildjan splash, Meinl Byzance 17" dark crash, Meinl Byzance 19 dark classic crash, Zildjan A custom 23" ride 25th anniversary mode like, 14" Sabain AAXplosion crash plus I finally paid the guy who sold me his Tama Royal Star 1973, so, I got the cymbal so, Zildjan Hihat 14" made in Canada 70's, medium crash 16" and medium heavy 16", both same vintage cymbals....
The even more funny thing is that I'm not the drummer in my band, I'm the keys player but I love instruments and I love drums....So, it's our Practice kit....
And yes, not received yet on its way, a Tama Star Reserve plain Mapple 14"X5", crazy snare, big price too but it will complement well my chrome over steel Tama snare 1978 that came with the kit.

gdmoore28

Gold Member
I custom ordered this Sonor SQ2 drum kit and combined it with Sonor Signature Series Hardware. I had a choice to buy a new car or this drum set - I am more than pleased with my decision. This set is a Sonor SQ2 Medium German Beech Shells in Birdseye Cherry Satin Finish and all drums are made with extended shell depths since I was looking for a particular low-end sound.
Kuhl, you are definitely going to stand apart in today's minimalistic, shallow-tom scene, my friend. Likely, though, you are on the cutting edge as the old becomes new again, and again, and again! Expect to see more uber-kits like your's showing up soon. The kit is beautiful.

GeeDeeEmm

steadypocket

Gold Member
Beauty! I'm lovin' mine!

Last time we spoke you were kicking yourself for not making a move on the drum, yet here it is. What happened?

A buyer back out last minute on a sale?
That's exactly what happened. DCP had a buyer back out before delivery so they put it back up for sale. I knew I might not get a third chance so I jumped on it. Given the expense, I asked about cancelling an existing special order to help offset the cost but Sonor had already begun production. Cast bronze was the one missing hole in my collection. This drum sounds like nothing else I own; it's even very distinct in tone from my Joyful Noise seamless bronze. Special drum.

Stroker

Platinum Member
That's exactly what happened. DCP had a buyer back out before delivery so they put it back up for sale. I knew I might not get a third chance so I jumped on it. Given the expense, I asked about cancelling an existing special order to help offset the cost but Sonor had already begun production. Cast bronze was the one missing hole in my collection. This drum sounds like nothing else I own; it's even very distinct in tone from my Joyful Noise seamless bronze. Special drum.
Way to sneak in. Good show!