What's your latest purchase?

retoxtony

I’ve been trying to not buy any new drum gear lately but I made a few good purchases in the last 2 weeks. I ended up getting myself a used 6.5x14 Dunnett Titanium snare for $500 Canadian. That’s about $390 USD so it was a hard deal to pass up. So far I’m happy with it but I still prefer my old Supra for gigging so it’ll probably get sold in the near future.

Then I came across a slightly used 22 inch Meinl Sand Ride when I stopped by a music store on the way to a gig. I knew I had to buy it within about 10 seconds of playing on it. Really nice sounding ride. A little bit dark and just the right amount of wash to it.

RickP

Gold Member
Picked up a Noble and Cooley 6 x 14 Alloy Classic snare yesterday . I had previously owned the 4.75” model and sold it . The 6” is far more to my liking . It has lots of body and fatness and still tons of articulation . I could do every gig I do these days with this snare ( I won’t ).

Last edited:

dwsabianguy

Spent a week and a half in Amsterdam and Germany, and brought this early 70s Sonor D454 home with me, courtesy of Terpstra Muziek Drumland in Amsterdam. Friendly folks, and a solid deal on a seamless ferromanganese drum. It's since been polished up, and I used it at a gig this past weekend. Sounds incredible!

wildbill

Platinum Member
I bought a 22 K Medium Dark ride about 7 years ago. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Zildjian/K-Dark-Medium-Ride-Cymbal.gc
They go for $449.95 now, but when I got it, I traded in stuff. It was the only cymbal I've bought online without hearing it.
I never liked it all that much, even though they've got a very good reputation, and a lot of people really like them.
I think I just got one of the rare not so good ones. I almost never used it, so it still looked pretty new.

I ran across a well used, older 20 K Custom Medium that I liked a whole lot better.
Those are going for $384.95 new now, but you could tell that this one is a bit older and has seen a lot of use.
The logos are almost gone, and there was a lot of stubborn staining.

Anyways, I bit the bullet, and did a trade, pretty much even up. I know I took a hit on it, and could have done better
with a straight sell instead of a trade. But I'm OK with the deal, and have another cymbal that I'll actually use now.
A pic:

20 K Custom Medium smaller - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Mostly saving for more drumkit and outdoor gear atm, but after I got the Tune-Bot Studio I just got this guy as well.

Resotune.JPG

Still very old school guy and don't really use them much, but thought they might provide some fun and a chance to experiment a bit

One Up One Down

New for me 20" Duo Ride. I've been looking out for an HHX Omni to show up on the used sites but this one came along. It's darker and warmer than the Omni. Pairs really well with my 18" HH Dark Crash and I'm loving it. Screw the Omni! I'm all about the Duo now

Frosticles

Silver Member

Jbravo

I bought a 22 K Medium Dark ride about 7 years ago. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Zildjian/K-Dark-Medium-Ride-Cymbal.gc
They go for $449.95 now, but when I got it, I traded in stuff. It was the only cymbal I've bought online without hearing it.
I never liked it all that much, even though they've got a very good reputation, and a lot of people really like them.
I think I just got one of the rare not so good ones. I almost never used it, so it still looked pretty new.

I ran across a well used, older 20 K Custom Medium that I liked a whole lot better.
Those are going for $384.95 new now, but you could tell that this one is a bit older and has seen a lot of use.
The logos are almost gone, and there was a lot of stubborn staining.

Anyways, I bit the bullet, and did a trade, pretty much even up. I know I took a hit on it, and could have done better
with a straight sell instead of a trade. But I'm OK with the deal, and have another cymbal that I'll actually use now.
A pic:

View attachment 86489
Congrats! It’s a good deal regardless of dollar value if your happier with this! I’ve been there myself, and I’ve never minded losing a buck or two if I was happy with the end result. Plus, the next time you get a great deal it’ll even it out...😊

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Picked this up a couple of days ago to use as a kit share set (When I have to............) Last of the Pearl World Series in Clear Matte Lacquer. Has some battle scars from it's life as a hire kit but everything works, no repairs needed. just a good clean & new heads :)

fullsizeoutput_1142 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_1141 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_1143 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Frosty are you refinishing or just cleaning ?? Looks great

Peedy

The sickness continues, er, uh, I mean, I got two new to me cymbals.

1958 A Zildjian 18in crash ride - 1550g $120
1952/53 A Zildjian 15in crash - 840g $140

Oh yeah. Nothing new sounds like these boys. Soooo sweet! When getting hammered meant something. Well, besides that.

Pete

Attachments

Last edited:

oldmetalhead

I just sold two Zildjian cymbals and have two Paiste PST 7's one the way. In transit are a 20" medium ride and a 16" thin crash. They will match up nicely with the 17" Paiste PST 7 thin crash.

RickP

Gold Member
Just purchased this kit ( currently being finished up) from TRS Custom drums. It is a 20 x 12 bass drum, 12 x 7 rack Tom and 15 x 13 floor Tom , walnut satin burst lacquer finish. This is from their Custom Craft line. Maple shells with vertical grain exterior ply and inner vertical grain African Mahogany ply. These drums have a ton of warmth and bottom end. The finished drums will have all black nickel hardware, black satin bass drum hoops, brass tension rods. Heads will be Remo Coated over Clear Ambassadors-for the Toms, bass batter is a Fiberskyn PS3 and TRS Logo head. Rack Tom and bass drum will be virgin. Floor Tom will have legs.

Attachments