What's your latest purchase?

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I haven't had a chance to take a photo of my new Drum Waiter in action yet. It holds two drinks; a smart phone; a drum key and has a suede pocket for my keys, change, etc. It will mount behind my largest floor tom. No more fumbling for items on the floor. Everything is within easy reach. One of the most practical things I've purchased in years to make life a little easier.

Attachments

Macarina

Silver Member
Just bought (hours ago) a used Hart Dynamic 13" Hand Hammered Snare. It's G.A.S. for the TD-15K kit.

I'm sitting by the door in anticipation as we speak.

longgun

Gold Member
I haven't had a chance to take a photo of my new Drum Waiter in action yet. It holds two drinks; a smart phone; a drum key and has a suede pocket for my keys, change, etc. It will mount behind my largest floor tom. No more fumbling for items on the floor. Everything is within easy reach. One of the most practical things I've purchased in years to make life a little easier.
I like the idea............tried to google it, but didn't find any info..................where can I find one?

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I like the idea............tried to google it, but didn't find any info..................where can I find one?
Steele Turkington of Kentville Drums in Australia does a very limited production run of these every now and then. There are a few finishing options including stain, wood inlay and wraps. Contact Steele directly for availability and pricing.

longgun

Gold Member
Steele Turkington of Kentville Drums in Australia does a very limited production run of these every now and then. There are a few finishing options including stain, wood inlay and wraps. Contact Steele directly for availability and pricing.
Cool thanks.................I'm pretty sure shipping to the states would probably me more than it's worth, but going to check them out.

Croc

Just bought (hours ago) a used Hart Dynamic 13" Hand Hammered Snare. It's G.A.S. for the TD-15K kit.

I'm sitting by the door in anticipation as we speak.

You are gonna love that Hart snare! It transformed my TD-9 set.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Went a little Sonor crazy after many years of admiring everyone from Jack DeJohnette to Steve Smith. My new Birch Infinites and a Brass Prolite on order this month from Germany.

Ham

Although not all new purchases are in this picture, it's the latest photo I've got. New stuff is

19" Meinl Soundcaster Custom Powerful Crash
18" Kahzan Vintage Crash
14" Paiste Signature Reflector Heavy Hats
Pearl 2002 Eliminator Doubles
DW 9500 Hi-Hat Stand

I'm done with chasing brand new gear now, going to turn my attention to second hand stuff. First on the list is an old pair of New Beats. 70s/80s era, pair on eBay at the moment for 200 (80s), but I'm not spending any more money on drums this month, haha.

Road Bull

Silver Member
My cases arrived today! I spent a few minutes before practice playing Tetris with empty cases to see how I could get them to fit while using the least space as possible. I was able to get everything in the back with only 1/3 of the back seats down! With plenty of room for other band mates' gear too.

Nice cases man! So now that you have had a chance to use them a bit, what do you think? What do you think of the Large hardware case?

If I ever had to get something more substantial than my Protection Racket soft cases, I would go the route you went and get some SKB cases for my drums. I like the way my SKB Medium hardware case performs. Solid stuff.

Mike_L

Nice cases man! So now that you have had a chance to use them a bit, what do you think? What do you think of the Large hardware case?

If I ever had to get something more substantial than my Protection Racket soft cases, I would go the route you went and get some SKB cases for my drums. I like the way my SKB Medium hardware case performs. Solid stuff.
They sure are! It took me a gig or two to get used to them and loading them up and then loading them into the 4 runner, but once I got it figured out I fell in love.

The drum cases are great, even though I had to order a couple inches taller than some of my drums due to availability. (or lack thereof) But they fit snug and there's no reason the drums will be shifting on a vertical axis anyhow. My one issue is that even though they take into consideration suspension mounts, my mount's wing nuts stick out horizontally from the drum which forces me to remove them before putting the drum in the case. Not a big deal. It's not an issue on the floor toms, since there's no mount to push the wing nuts out further like the rack toms.

The hardware case became my favorite case once I figured out how to fit everything in quickly while minimizing the amount of space each piece of hardware takes up. I love the straps in the case that secure everything in place during transit. I can fit three retractable boom stands (retracting the actual boom into the stand), one double pedal, hi hat stand (unscrewing the vertical rod), complete disassembled throne, SPD-SX, stand for SPD-SX, my snare drum in it's bag, floor tom legs and any other small accessory that I can fit in the amount of space left over (stick bag, cables, etc...). It gets pretty heavy when it's fully loaded so it's nice to have a friend help load it into car. But it's still doable for me alone.

Big Foot

Silver Member
Got these for my 50th. I'd been looking for Tama Superstars in these sizes for a while with not much luck. That was until my lovely wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday... I opened CL and boom! Someone is selling them! Talk about a fluke.
1983 Super Mahogany, 13x9, 16x16 & 22x14. I was extra stoked about the 14" depth on the BD.

Attachments

Road Bull

Silver Member
Got these for my 50th. I'd been looking for Tama Superstars in these sizes for a while with not much luck. That was until my lovely wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday... I opened CL and boom! Someone is selling them! Talk about a fluke.
1983 Super Mahogany, 13x9, 16x16 & 22x14. I was extra stoked about the 14" depth on the BD.
Beautiful looking set if Superstars! Happy birthday too! Sounds like everything clicked at the same time. I love it when a plan comes together. How do they sound?

Big Foot

Silver Member
Beautiful looking set if Superstars! Happy birthday too! Sounds like everything clicked at the same time. I love it when a plan comes together. How do they sound?
Thanks and thanks! Even the guy I bought them from was cool ... and the price was right.
I'm still working on the tuning though. They sound pretty good but I'm not sure I have the right heads on the toms. They have vintage ambassadors on top and coated ambassadors as resos. This works pretty good on my Oak Custums but not so well on the Tamas. I think just coated Ams on top and clear Ams as resos will be the right combination. However the bass drum sounds awesome with a ps3 batter and a coated Ambassador reso with no port and nothing inside.

Road Bull

Silver Member
Thanks and thanks! Even the guy I bought them from was cool ... and the price was right.
I'm still working on the tuning though. They sound pretty good but I'm not sure I have the right heads on the toms. They have vintage ambassadors on top and coated ambassadors as resos. This works pretty good on my Oak Custums but not so well on the Tamas. I think just coated Ams on top and clear Ams as resos will be the right combination. However the bass drum sounds awesome with a ps3 batter and a coated Ambassador reso with no port and nothing inside.
Cool. Those Tamas have a classy, classic look about them. Better to like the bass sound right off so you don't have to mess with the more expensive heads to get the sound you are looking for. I am not sure how you like to play, but I imagine you are right with the Remo Ambassador tops and bottoms. It should be hard to go wrong there. For my purposes, I run Emperor tops, and Ambassador bottoms, but I am going for a straight up rock sound. Enjoy your new kit!

RickP

Gold Member
I have a 22" Paiste Dark Energy Mk 2 ride in transit to me. I am a huge fan of the the DE Mk2 rides. Incredibly versatile. I currently own the 20" model and have owned the 21" and stupidly sold it. I love 22" ride cymbals so I can't wait to receive it. Now if only I can find someone selling an 18" Dark Energy crash hint hint ....