What Will You Be For Halloween?

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
Or, what have you been for Halloween in previous years? (Feel free to include photos, if you're comfortable!)

In recent years, I've gone:

Steampunk.
Scottish Highlander. (I loved wielding a wooden claymore)
Viking. (Warrior, not princess!)
Le Petit Chaperon
A distant Jetson relative.
Burlesque.
Josie, from Josie and the Pussycats.

My costumes are mostly handmade, but sometimes I have to buy accessories. I cut, sew, tie, fasten, use various fabrics and fur, and I have an arsenal of costume wigs. Sometimes I incorporate my own clothing and corsets, and it's great fun.

This year I think we're doing a Gatsby/Roaring 20s thing. At least that is what I am doing for the party we're going to this week.

Naigewron

Platinum Member
I'll probably go with the classic: A lazy bastard sitting on the couch with his girlfriend watching old episodes of Doctor Who :D

In all seriousness, Halloween isn't really big here, although it's started creeping in among kids. I should probably hang something on my door and buy some candy for when they come knocking.

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
I'll probably go with the classic: A lazy bastard sitting on the couch with his girlfriend watching old episodes of Doctor Who :D

In all seriousness, Halloween isn't really big here, although it's started creeping in among kids. I should probably hang something on my door and buy some candy for when they come knocking.
Too much rain to trick-or-treat in Bergen! :D But excellent choice. Will you rent your costume? ;)

I've been to Norway five times (I have family there), but I've not made it to Bergen yet. I want to get there before all your famous docks sink into the fjords. ;)

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I went as a Droog from 'A Clockwork Orange' to work a couple of years back. That was a fun day (especially as I worked in mental health at the time).

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
What Will You Be For Halloween?

Pissed at a bar somewhere.

Pissed at a bar somewhere....................
Haah, perfect.

This year I'm going as an old, warty, moley evil witch. No costume required :D
Oh, I don't believe that for one minute, lady. x

I went as a Droog from 'A Clockwork Orange' to work a couple of years back. That was a fun day (especially as I worked in mental health at the time).
"Worked in mental health" is what all the cool patients are calling it these days? I'll remember to add that to my resume.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Pfft, no worries. I did say I was adding it to my resume as well.
Yes. My portfolio reads thus:

'Enthusiastic and well-informed with a diagnosis of being absolutely bonkers. I bring creative solutions to your badgers and enjoy interacting with small flecks of egg on my shirt.'

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Halloween's not a thing in Australia. My gig's been cancelled, so I'm just going to the dentist that day. I guess I'll get to dress up in a bib and UV glasses. Should be a really fun day...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Switching off between 2 rubber masks.

One is of George W. (my scary mask) and the other is a green goblin type of entity that doesn't quite possess the horror factor that the George W. mask invokes..

I may use one of my wife's sex toys to put in GW's mouth too, just so everyone knows how I feel about him.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I'll never forget my Dad at Halloween. We lived on a fairly busy road in a reasonably-sized house with a very heavy oak front door.

Every year.

'Trick or...' 'PISS OFF!'.

Hilarious.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I'll be at Duncan & Jules, a restaurant in South Kensington. They have a fabulous Hereford organic blackcurrant souffle which I'll have for dessert. I'll be seating on the posh side of the restaurant for the meal and I'll go at the bar for the rest of the evening getting drunk on black current vodka martini with the patrons, they're old buddies of mine, once we'll be drunk enough we'll go for a trick and treat walk in South Kensington High Street and all the passing by people we'll meet will shout 'PISS OFF!'. We'll probably follow their advice and return to Duncan & Jules for a few more drinks and discuss brass trim petals...

... and then it will be the morning after Halloween, ouch! :(