What the HELL is wrong with Sabian's website?

Sticks Of Fury

This s is annoying as f! All I want to do is hear their B8 Pro hi hats. I want to hear the stuff isolated or whatever it is, like before with their site months ago. Because if you watch the video's on that site, it's the dude playing drums to a song that IS TURNED UP WAY TOO LOUD and because of that you can't hear the cymbal. I just want to hear the damn cymbal alone.

coolhand1969

This s is annoying as f! All I want to do is hear their B8 Pro hi hats. I want to hear the stuff isolated or whatever it is, like before with their site months ago. Because if you watch the video's on that site, it's the dude playing drums to a song that IS TURNED UP WAY TOO LOUD and because of that you can't hear the cymbal. I just want to hear the damn cymbal alone.
Not knocking Sabian, but I went to their site about 4-5 times this week and there were missing soundfile, cymbals with no files, really a mess. And yes, I am going to say it because I play Paistes, but their website and their Sounroom where you can compare PST5's to Sigs is always awesome. Zil site is pretty poor in my opinion.

porter

Platinum Member
The B8 Pro hats in question (assuming the mediums) have soundfiles below the video on the product page (though they aren't working on my computer). There are also several non-Sabian videos on Youtube too, like this one.

brady

Platinum Member
Not knocking Sabian, but I went to their site about 4-5 times this week and there were missing soundfile, cymbals with no files, really a mess. And yes, I am going to say it because I play Paistes, but their website and their Sounroom where you can compare PST5's to Sigs is always awesome. Zil site is pretty poor in my opinion.
I love Zildjians but their website has been a train wreck for quite a while. There are all kinds of issues with the sound files, creating a kit, artist setups, etc.

porter

Platinum Member
I noticed problems with Sabian's site too.

I don't have any of their cymbals, but I'm pretty impressed with Meinl's cymbal finder site.
I wish other manufacturers would follow suit:

http://meinlcymbals.com/cymbal-finder
Meinl's is my favorite- works shockingly well, tons of soundfiles, powerful search, and their setup builder is very good. Paiste's is also very reilable and has great sound representation (though navigation could be improved).

Bonzodownunder

I find both DW&Ludwigs sites to be similar to Sabians!.
I,ve been wanting to find out for the last 5-6+ years what color, series, model&size drums Jason Bonham uses&what hardware!.

coolhand1969

I find both DW&Ludwigs sites to be similar to Sabians!.
I,ve been wanting to find out for the last 5-6+ years what color, series, model&size drums Jason Bonham uses&what hardware!.
I am a Jason Bonham fan also, Check out youtube(sorry not to post link) and he does about a 8-10 minute interview on the kit he used for Celebration Day, unluckily this is different from some other kits/cymbals he has used, like when with Foreigner.

Ok, I hope you see this, here is the link to a site which shows the vid I was talking about as well as pics

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/drums/jason-bonhams-led-zeppelin-experience-drum-setup-in-pictures-448015/1

Last edited: