What song are you playing on drums?

Amon Amarth: "Death in Fire", and "The Hero."

Trying to work on double-bass endurance and control (okay, so maybe I'm just interested in speed), and I've been using these two songs as kind of a warm up.

Both are basically just 5 minutes of 16th note kick drums at 130 and 140 bpm and provide more entertainment than doing the same exercise with just a click track.

Swexx

Rope and Everlong - Foo Fighters
Really struggling with hihat part on Everlong. man its fast!
I second that! I never really tried playing that song, because of the energic hihat parts.
I think I'm gonna give it a try now. Rope is a little hard to, mostly because of the TIMING through the whole song.

Swexx

Roundabout - Yes

America - Yes

I hung my head - Sting

Love is stronger than justice - Sting

The rising - Bruce Springsteen

M.I.A. - Foo Fighters

Times Like These - Foo Fighters

- Peace.

vfujidrums

More recently:

Stratovarius - Hunting High And Low
Metallica - Fuel
Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife
Trivium - Dying in Your Arms

Thank You, vfujidrums

A

Anthony Amodeo

Great, aren't they? They're my standard jamalong fare. I'm obviously not slick and skip the hard licks in favour of holding it together, but their tempos and volume are closer to that of my band than most, which is nice.

Josie is my fave, where I do a brain dead version of Jim Keltner (but still pick up the 9 beat break near the end).

I play Aja too, and apply my Charlie Watts speed fills to the solos :)
I love that lick at the end of Josie

I read a Keltner quote saying that it was something he would never have played and that it was all Fagen

if you havent read this you will love it , absolutely LOVE it

http://granatino.com/sdresource/md1.htm

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
been running through every Steely Dan record lately

just too much fun
Great, aren't they? They're my standard jamalong fare. I'm obviously not slick and skip the hard licks in favour of holding it together, but their tempos and volume are closer to that of my band than most, which is nice.

Josie is my fave, where I do a brain dead version of Jim Keltner (but still pick up the 9 beat break near the end).

I play Aja too, and apply my Charlie Watts speed fills to the solos :)

A

Anthony Amodeo

Working on Toto's Rosanna. Man Porcaro makes it look easy.... I am trying to learn that shuffle feel.

about a year ago I played nothing but Rosanna for weeks

couldnt get enough to that groove

love playing that song

A

Anthony Amodeo

been running through every Steely Dan record lately

just too much fun

shambo

Here's a few I've been stuck on lately:
Yes- Changes and Hold On
Audioslave- Your Time Has Come
Rush- Animate
Incubus- Pardon Me
Live- White, Discussion

Mostly depends on my mood, how pissed I am after a day at work, and how much caffeine I've had. I love my drums...music machine, stress reliever and cardio workout all in one...I laugh at my neighbor that hates his treadmill.

I did a note for note transcription of "Jump" by Van Halen and have been reading it down with a cover band that I work with. Alex Van Halen plays some really great broken up back beat displacement stuff on the instrumental/guitar solo section that he layers with some really cool ride cymbal bell and bass drum patterns. It's really musical and very organic.

csnow

Working on Toto's Rosanna. Man Porcaro makes it look easy.... I am trying to learn that shuffle feel.