What drum set is this?

mikyok

Platinum Member
Possibly a Pearl Maxwin with all the finish stripped?

If not it's a Pearl copy of some sort.

M

Matt Bo Eder

My guess is an early 80's Pearl Export that someone stripped off the wrap and refinished.
Pearls back then had the blocky lugs though, right? I also guess it's some kind of Pearl copy (which is weird since Pearl started off as a copier of sorts anyway). Did it sound good?

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Pearls back then had the blocky lugs though, right? I also guess it's some kind of Pearl copy (which is weird since Pearl started off as a copier of sorts anyway). Did it sound good?
The early/mid 80's version did.

The lugs changed in the late 80's.

Superman

Gold Member
I had an early 90's set of Exports and they still had the long tubing. Also doesn't look like a 16x16 floor tom which I believe was standard for Exports.

bigiainw

Gold Member
It looks pretty generic to me. I'm guessing that if it is a Pearl, that the hardware will be marked somewhere. Have you tried taking a lug off and looking inside?

I-Wan

Hi I checked it out. Drums have steel hoops painted black. It is 10x9,12x10,14x12 toms so it is not a 16 floor :). Kick drum is 22x16. Snare is steel but I don't know if it is original from the set. Kit actually sounds decent, not very good but decent, kick is the worst, but it has old beaten heads on it :).

I didn't thought that it could be Exports because of the lugs. All Exports ever seen had long lugs.