What does your kit say about you?

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I'm a bit amazed at the gorgeous kits all you guys have. They just ooze with your passion for music.

Ryan LOL certainly a kit people will notice :)

BP, your photos tell me that you're a relaxed guy know knows how to enjoy himself (this is kinda like reading tea leaves). Those pics are real eye candy. BTW, loved your description of KIS.

And KIS, personally I find big racks intrude a bit on a drumkit's look but they're practical. You have the coolest looking bunch of cymbals I think I've ever seen on a kit! Amazing. I've seen kits with a lot of them but never such an interesting assortment of shapes and colours. What do the holey ones sound like?
I know what you mean Polly. All that I can think of sometimes when I'm here looking at the "CANDY" is, "I WANT THAT! AND THAT, AND THAT, AND THAT!"

I told Steamer that I was going to bring a metal detector to his house in the middle of the night and find where he hides all of those Agops!

metal overlord

Gold Member
Hmmm....

For one it says I'm tall.
Two, its definetly a metal setup.

This ones pretty generic, but it also shows I'm right handed, haha.

Steamer

Platinum Member
I know what you mean Polly. All that I can think of sometimes when I'm here looking at the "CANDY" is, "I WANT THAT! AND THAT, AND THAT, AND THAT!"

I told Steamer that I was going to bring a metal detector to his house in the middle of the night and find where he hides all of those Agops!
Looks like i'm going to have to beef up security folks :}

I'll leave you the 26" in my will Bob.........:}

Derek

Silver Member
I guess it says that I am spoilt. Even though my kit is a very popular finish on this forum, I dont like it. I prefer the ( ..ahem.. ) natural blondes.

However, being the deep & sensitive person that I am, I look for substance over surface beauty. I was so keen to buy a beautiful sounding Gretsch Renown I'd played, but then I said the heck with rationality, I'll reach for the stars and get a Yamaha MCAN. Havent regretted it at all. Its the most beautiful sounded kit I've heard. Anywhere. Maybe Carlok's Oakies sounded better, but thats ok..

So, I guess it says I'm happy.. I hate my rack and cymbal hardware which also says that I always look for something to be unhappy about.

View attachment 29849

It also sys that you're a lefty...

W

wy yung

Here is a kit I used for some funk cover band shows. I think it shows that for this show I was mostly concerned with groove. All my cymbals can be ridden. I have no crashes set up. 2 rides for when I need different texture and a swish for the same reason. I also have a gong because one tune began that way.

I have 2 13" snares. One deeper for slower tunes, the other shallower for more upbeat numbers. And I am using smaller toms and a 20" kick. I am not planning on playing any huge rolls around the kit. The fills will be to the point. What is important is that the band grooves and it is my job to make that happen. My ego is well and truly out of the picture.

Here is another "kit" for a different purpose. This is for a percussion gig with a rock covers band. Because of the volume I am using things like the chochalo, fiberglass chekere, huge triangle (seen hanging to left of table) and bells. Plus of course the congas.

Another view.

And as it was a 1st rehearsal, I may have needed something here. So had it behind me.

Basically I use what I need for a particular gig. I have no fixed set up.

Derek

Silver Member
Hey Derek!! How are you?

Lefty? I'm not lefty. RLRL to me is left, right, left right/
Hey back , Abe! Doing good; Away for awhile due to a computor crash but very glad to be back.

Maybe I should have said southpaw?