What do you think

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
it's a great idea, but you won't be the first person to do this. check out the "turn it up & lay it down" series of CDs for an example...if you can come up with another set of playalong CDs then so much the better!
Wouldn't be the 2nd either... the Music Minus One records came out in the sixties (or late fifties?)

But I'll agree that an updated version - maybe an ongoing series of new songs every 3 months or so - would be a nice idea. Remember that recording tracks and manufacturing discs is expensive, and doing it right means getting players who can approximate the sound or the original recording, otherwise the fun factor (and resulting sales) will be greatly diminished. I doubt anyone is interested in midi versions of songs.

Good luck!

Bermuda

Travis22

Ok, make sense. It's not a bad idea. May want to think in regards to the different styles that drummers like to play though. Perhaps have a cd that is more directed to the jazz drummers and a different one for more of the rock drummers and so on. Just a suggestion.

The old lady

What kind of tracks would you put on this play along cd? Cause there's already different books out there that come with cd's that you can play along to. I have one that has multiple tracks for just one song where you can play with the band and the drummer, or the band and a click track, or just the band and you be the drummer. But then again, maybe you've got a whole new idea. Could you give a little more detail on your idea?
Hi Travis. Thanks for your feed back. The disc will not be anything about learning to play as different people have different ways. They will not be books either. It will just be a pro studio disc made up of 12 tracks with the drums being taken out of the mix. Where need
be a number of clicks maybe a cue to start to play such as the track all right now. All tracks will have vocals so you will know if you are following ok. Just three tracks I am looking at are all right now, black magic woman, proud mary. It is not a learning disc at all but one to jam with.

Regards

Michelle

dairyairman

Platinum Member
it's a great idea, but you won't be the first person to do this. check out the "turn it up & lay it down" series of CDs for an example.

http://www.drumfun.com/

if you can come up with another set of playalong CDs then so much the better!

Travis22

What kind of tracks would you put on this play along cd? Cause there's already different books out there that come with cd's that you can play along to. I have one that has multiple tracks for just one song where you can play with the band and the drummer, or the band and a click track, or just the band and you be the drummer. But then again, maybe you've got a whole new idea. Could you give a little more detail on your idea?

The old lady

I am looking at producing a cd just for the drummr. I have spoke to a recording studio and with there help it will happen. I would like to know from other drummer if anyone would be interested in it when it all comes together. I would think like me many just like drumming for pleasure and nothing more, do you think it would be nice to have a collection of cd that you could play and drum along to as though you where the drummer in the band. Any feed back would be good.

Michelle